• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Probable Boomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probable Boomed

12 months in Edinburgh - just waiting on the formal offer which should be sometime today/tomorrow. Unfortunately its no longer commutable, but comes with a hefty day rate increase to more than cover the costs.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
    12 months in Edinburgh - just waiting on the formal offer which should be sometime today/tomorrow. Unfortunately its no longer commutable, but comes with a hefty day rate increase to more than cover the costs.
    Make sure you specify GBP as the currency so you don't end up being paid in 'Scottish Pounds'.
    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Well you can probably wait until tomorrow for your banana.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
        Make sure you specify GBP as the currency so you don't end up being paid in 'Scottish Pounds'.
        And find someone to rent that includes August....
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          And find someone to rent that includes August....
          Yes the prozzies are much more expensive then.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
            Yes the prozzies are much more expensive then.
            Blooming autocorrect
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Prepared to wait as I have few irons in various fires. If this doesn't come off I'll simply get one of the others. Seems odd to be in demand for once!
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
                Prepared to wait as I have few irons in various fires. If this doesn't come off I'll simply get one of the others. Seems odd to be in demand for once!
                have half a banana:

It is a good time of year for contracts. I think market will be good between now and June....

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Well you can probably wait until tomorrow for your banana.
                  ^^ WHS. Since when did we do probably?
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X