• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain to benefit from leaving the EU

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Britain to benefit from leaving the EU

So the Express says: EU exit could give Britain £1.3billion economic boost, according to new study | UK | News | Daily Express

Its not really a proper study but still (BTW, notice that in reading through everything, the word 'could' is used a lot.) From the official website: Iain Mansfield named winner of I quite like this bit:

The Institute of Economic Affairs is delighted to announce Iain Mansfield as the winner of the IEA Brexit Prize. The Rt. Hon Lord Lawson awarded Iain the €100,000 prize for his winning entry, which outlines a blueprint for Britain after the EU.
    Why wasn't it in GBP? Also the 'study' is really just a set of assumptions which if they could happen 'could' actually work and here is the authors blog: I. G. Mansfield
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

If you've enjoyed this website, why not try my novel, Imperial Visions?
    If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

The pro side arguments are similarly slanted. Can't find it now but the best conclusion I read from an economist is "nobody really knows until we've done it"

Meanwhile, here's a link just to annoy mos.

True scale of European immigration - Telegraph
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Ukip cannot change a thing in Brussels. Not my words, the words of their leader. Nigel Farage has admitted that, I quote, 'Ukip cannot change a thing'. And frankly they barely even try. Even when they do bother to turn up to vote, they don't stand up for Britain
        The UK has about 8% of the total MEP's in the European Parliament.

8%....

The other 92% Mos and Darmstadt clones.

Still liking the EU?

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post

8%....

Still liking the EU?
          I presume that 8% are the minority who don't do a **** yet whinge the whole time
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

8%....

Still liking the EU?
            What percentage of MEPs should we have? We have about 8% of the population of the EU so 8% of the MEPs makes sense.

Edit: Oops, actually we've got 12% of the population
            Last edited by Bunk; 9 April 2014, 20:29.

Comment

8%....

Still liking the EU?
              And just to help you further, 4.5% of the staff employed by the EU are UK out of around 23,460.

Belgium - 18%
              Italy - 10.4%
              France - 9.6%
              Germany - 8.4%
              Spain - 7.1%
              Poland - 4.9%
              UK - 4.5%

Comment

Still liking the EU?
                ???? I hate EU, but I hate even more sleazy, failed commodities broker who runs this whole anti EU operation. I also believe that EU is the least of your problems, especially in the immigration department. Support for UKiP only shows that some 30% of the indigenous populations are gullible fools with no more sense than a band of monkeys.

Fyi - Eastern Europe is far more anti EU that Britain ever was. We are the ones who got robbed blind by this evil institution, working in tandem with predatory capital from London.

Comment

I bet, considering its size and position, Luxemburg does rather well out of EU institutions. According to Wikipedia anyway, the Secretariat of the European Parliament there employs over 4000 people. Bilderburg, Luxemburg. Hmmm.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    I presume that 8% are the minority who don't do a **** yet whinge the whole time
                    Yup, they are an embarrassment.

Comment

Working...
                    X