• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has anyone done it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone done it?

Southwest Trains: If you buy a peak day return ticket in the direction towards London; it is twice the cost of a peak day return in the direction from London.

So, if the day return is purchased in advance, could you get away with travelling in the opposite direction and back again.?
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

If I drove a bus towards London and......

2 passengers get on, 4 get off, another gets on and I park at the depot for one hour

what's the driver's name?

Comment

Densil?

Comment

Originally posted by chock
        If I drove a bus towards London and......

2 passengers get on, 4 get off, another gets on and I park at the depot for one hour

what's the driver's name?

Chock you fool...it's a trick question

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
          Southwest Trains: If you buy a peak day return ticket in the direction towards London; it is twice the cost of a peak day return in the direction from London.

So, if the day return is purchased in advance, could you get away with travelling in the opposite direction and back again.?
          How could u buy a day return in advance. Surely the point of a day return is that u buy it on the day of travel?!

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy

You can get through the barriers. The only problem is if there's a ticket inspector on the train. Then you're fecked.

Comment

I wonder if it makes a difference to season ticket prices.....

Comment

Originally posted by Pinto
                You can get through the barriers. The only problem is if there's a ticket inspector on the train. Then you're fecked.

If it's not the first train of the day how can they prove it's not your second leg?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife
                  If it's not the first train of the day how can they prove it's not your second leg?
                  errm, got me there!

I guess you need to remember to show the RTN ticket in the morning, and the OUT ticket in the evening.

Although the inspector will know by the price that's a day return and may ask you for the RTN ticket when you're travelling home.
                  Last edited by Pinto; 25 August 2006, 15:07.

Comment

Working...
                  X