• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Job site VAT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job site VAT

Hi,

When i see on a job site a daiy rate, is this rate normally include the VAT?

Thanks

Originally posted by gabox01 View Post
    Hi,

When i see on a job site a daiy rate, is this rate normally include the VAT?

Thanks
    Business to Business transactions are usually priced excluding VAT as 99% of the time VAT is irrelevant to them....

So the rate should be ex (or +) VAT
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Business to Business transactions are usually priced excluding VAT as 99% of the time VAT is irrelevant to them....

I'm a bit confused now, so let's take a concrete example:

Job: Development Team Lead / Architect (Java/JEE) - Technojobs

Does that mean, that they pay 500 + VAT to me, or they pay 500, and i have to pay the VAT from that 500?

Comment

Does that mean, that they pay 500 + VAT to me, or they pay 500, and i have to pay the VAT from that 500?
        They pay £500+ vat

Comment

<sigh>
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

They pay £500+ vat
            And you mean this is not site specific, but rather a convention in UK?
            I seriously thought, that VAT is included in the daily rates shown around job sites.

Comment

I seriously thought, that VAT is included in the daily rates shown around job sites.
              It seriously isn't. Charging VAT also depends on whether your LTD is VAT registered as well..

Just a note, they don't pay it to you either. They pay it to your LTD (or brolly)

Go umbrella please....
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It's a convention. However, when you get your contract, one thing to review is to make sure that it states £500 + VAT (which it should).
                The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Not quite true, as the rules for certain public sector bodies reclaiming VAT are complex. No relevant to OP though.
                  The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
                    Not quite true, as the rules for certain public sector bodies reclaiming VAT are complex. No relevant to OP though.
                    I did say 99% of the the explicitly because of such areas. Academy chains of schools have nightmares when it comes to vat

Comment

Working...
                    X