• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tory imitates UKIP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tory imitates UKIP

As in 'doing a gaffe'
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

"But I used a term that I had heard years ago without thinking. It was totally dreadful. it was done without thinking about the rape bit. I know that sounds silly."
    Genius
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I noticed the store is in Bielefeld
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Lol! She is seriously disturbed. New defection to UKiP in the pipeline! Its such a shame that turnout in local elections is so small.
        If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Ok, if we have to put up with this steady stream of criticism of us Brits and our parties it is only fair that we examine some attitudes in Poland and assess what they are bringing to our once socially progressive country.

A Polish MP has expressed his support for Uganda’s Anti-Homosexuality Bill and at the same time described the Ugandan population as “kind of wild people”.
          Polish MP expresses support for Uganda

Last year, on Polish Independence Day, 11 November, tens of thousands of people marched through the centre of Warsaw shouting "Pride, national pride" and "Hit the red scum with a hammer and sickle". Soon the families disappeared and the demonstrators clashed with the police. They burnt down the Warsaw Rainbow, an artistic installation meant to symbolise tolerance, as well as a sentry box outside the Russian embassy. A small group raided a squat inhabited by anarchists and beat them up.
          We want to gain power so that the Polish nation can survive biologically, demographically, culturally. So that Poles can exist and so that Poles can be Poles," said Robert Winnicki, the leader of far-right National Movement, which organised the march. He openly declares himself homophobic, but shrugs when asked whether he is anti-Semitic: "Everyone is labelled anti-Semite, if he dares to criticize Jews."
          EUobserver / No political fuel for Poland's far-right

'Exorcisms necessary in Poland' says opposition MP
          A senior opposition Law and Justice (PiS) MP has justified exorcisms carried out by a priest during a rally outside the Presidential Palace, Thursday, marking the fourth anniversary of the Smolensk air disaster.
          'Exorcisms necessary in Poland' says opposition MP - National

For roughly 20 years, there's been a steady stream of violence committed by Polish far-right groups against the usual assembly of people who oppose racism and hatred: left-wing activists, the media, the LGBT community, everyone who isn't a total dick, etc, etc. And since 1989, 39 people have been killed in attacks attributed to the far-right, with many thousands more injured.
          Those statistics also include other members of far-right groups associated with Poland's infamous football hooliganism scene – a scene that makes British fans look like characters from 500 Days of Summer – where brutally violent neo-Nazis are more than happy to unfurl anti-semitic banners and fight each other in the stands while they aren't hunting down members of the antifa.
          I Dodged Bullets at a Polish Fascists' Riot Party | VICE United Kingdom

Poland Poll Reveals Stubborn Anti-Semitism Amid Jewish Revival Hopes
          The national study, conducted by the Center for Research on Prejudice at Warsaw University, found that in Poland, the belief in a Jewish conspiracy remains high – 63% in 2013 – and relatively unchanged from 2009 when 65% of respondents held this belief.
          The study also found an 8 percent increase in more traditional forms of anti-Semitism, including blaming Jews for the murder of Jesus Christ and the belief that Christian blood is used in Jewish rituals. Some 23% were found to hold such traditional, religious-based beliefs about Jews.
          http://forward.com/articles/191155/p...amid-je/?p=all

It is in this context that we should understand the worrying rise of the far-right in Poland. For the third year running they have managed to mobilise thousands on Independence Day in a show of political strength. The sight of the two far-right organisations in Poland, National Revival of Poland (NOP) and the All-Polish Youth (MW), leading a march of thousands through the streets of Warsaw, carrying the symbols of pre-war Polish Fascism, should be an affront to anyone that claims to uphold the principles of basic human decency. As has now become tradition, the streets of Warsaw were turned into scenes of violence and hooliganism, although this was not just restricted to Warsaw.
          http://www.social-europe.eu/2012/11/...nd-and-europe/

To his great dismay, instead of strengthening the Church’s liberal voice, open to the new issues that the newly democratic country had to face as it opened to the outside world, the Church has become dominated by simplistic conservative and nationalistic arguments, which reinforce hostile attitudes toward all that is unfamiliar or strange. As a consequence, the church has fostered a destructive divide between “us” and “them,” which cuts across Polish society. According to Michnik, a significant role in disseminating the fundamentalist message is played by “Radio Maryja” and “TV Trwam.” These media outlets, owned by Father Tadeusz Rydzyk, a controversial Catholic priest often accused of promoting xenophobia and anti-Semitism, are widely popular in small towns in Poland.
          http://www.deliberatelyconsidered.co...lish-dialogue/
          Last edited by xoggoth; 12 April 2014, 09:43.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Ok, if we have to put up with this steady stream of criticism of us Brits and our parties it is only fair that we examine some attitudes in Poland and assess what they are bringing to our once socially progressive country.
            So now we are running anti Polish campaign, are we? Your Polonophobia knows no bounds my friend!

If you are so obsessed with rights for homosexuals, then I will have you know, that Poland legalised homosexuality in 1932, while Britain would throw homosexuals to JAIL up until 1967. Therefore I consider Poland far more gay friendly and able to balance rights of various groups. And where is your sense of proportion, my UKiP friend?

It's to wrong to use foreign militant gay movements to destabilise somebody's country and running international smear campaign is even worse. And frankly, have the opposite effect on the harts and minds of the people.

Wake up and smell your own sh!t, before you join a mindless mob of UKiP zombies and start throwing stones at harmless people.
            If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

You really are a f* idiot aren't you? I am merely posting exactly the same sort of things about Poles and Polish parties that you constantly post about Brits and British parties.

Tell you what, let's both be reasonable, I will stop when you stop.
              Last edited by xoggoth; 12 April 2014, 09:44.
              bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by mos View Post
                So now we are running anti Polish campaign, are we? Your Polonophobia knows no bounds my friend!

If you are so obsessed with rights for homosexuals, then I will have you know, that Poland legalised homosexuality in 1932, while Britain would throw homosexuals to JAIL up until 1967. Therefore I consider Poland far more gay friendly and able to balance rights of various groups. And where is your sense of proportion, my UKiP friend?

It's to wrong to use foreign militant gay movements to destabilise somebody's country and running international smear campaign is even worse. And frankly, have the opposite effect on the harts and minds of the people.

Wake up and smell your own sh!t, before you join a mindless mob of UKiP zombies and start throwing stones at harmless people.
                Do you purposefully miss the point every time?

Comment

He's an idiot. Can't recall that we have ever had anyone quite so incapable of logical thinking on CUK. Also he is doing a very good job of making us all hate Poles. He's just one bloke I know but then you think he can't be the only arrogant, contemptuous b* among them, maybe this attitude towards the British is not just confined to him.

Seriously mods, I think you should ban this idiot.
                  Last edited by xoggoth; 12 April 2014, 09:54.
                  bloggoth

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    You really are a f* idiot aren't you? I am merely posting exactly the same sort of things about Poles and Polish parties that you constantly post about Brits and British parties.

Tell you what, let's both be reasonable, I will stop when you stop.
                    Is it just me that needs to point out that he wasn't the original poster?

Comment

Working...
                    X