• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why is it that

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is it that

I like Nigel Farage?

A likeable oaf.

Anyone else? Confession is good for the soul.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Nothing wrong with Nigel Farage, he's down to earth, tells it as it is and is slightly flawed. My kind of politician. Ken Clarke springs to mind.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Why is it that

neither of the above two posts surprise in the slightest?
      "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

He's entertaining, as long as he's not in charge of anything. A bit like Boris.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Nothing wrong with Nigel Farage, he's down to earth, tells it as it is and is slightly flawed. My kind of politician. Ken Clarke springs to mind.
          This.

Except that Ken was very flawed. Couldn't help but like him though.

Comment

Sad how a carefully cultivated "bloke down the pub with a pint" image can fool so many people. Saw him on hignfy yesterday, his grin seemed a bit forced to me.
            Wouldn't trust him with anything at all.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Sad how a carefully cultivated "bloke down the pub with a pint" image can fool so many people. Saw him on hignfy yesterday, his grin seemed a bit forced to me.
              I think it is that image that has fooled me.

Ignorance is bliss mate
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                I didn't see it but, from what I read, they were all having a bit of a go at NF, so I suspect he was kinda set up somewhat.
                Anyone in the same situation might have had a bit of a 'forced grin'...; only so much 5hite u can take, especially from muppets such as Hislop et al who of course have complete licence, & relish, pulling people down in public/on tv...after all they've made careers out of doing such.
                Clarity is everything

Comment

I didn't see it either but I did see this one from a couple of years ago:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

He is Mr Toad
                    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                    X