• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Was the home office right or wrong?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was the home office right or wrong?

Woman refused entry to Britain to give her brother a kidney - Telegraph
    right
    27.27%
    wrong
    45.45%
    andyw married a Jamaican
    27.27%

Coming over here, taking our kidneys.

Comment

Perhaps they had a point, she wasn't intending entirely to go home, just mostly.

Comment

There is another route, he could go to Jamaica for the operation.
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Assuming he is black, suitable donors are scarce due to much greater rates of renal failure (300%) and lower donation organ rates. It might have been better to let her do it to cut the cost of expensive daily dialysis. Could they just not monitor her to ensure that she did return? Women are rarely the real problem anyway.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            There is another route, he could go to Jamaica for the operation.
            Is there free healthcare in Jamaica? Would he even be entitled to it if there is? Doesn't sound like he's loaded if he had to borrow money for her visa application. Seems to me like it shouldn't be that hard to get some sort of assurance that she'll return.

Comment

My ex-wife received a kidney from her brother. Complex to determine if it possible or not. Maybe they should ask Jamaica to do some tests on her first and make sure she can donate?

Long recovery though - usually around 3 months before you can go back to work after being a donor. Recipient is not too bad - they put the new kidney in the stomach so that if(when?) it goes wrong they can get to it easily.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                My ex-wife received a kidney from her brother. Complex to determine if it possible or not. Maybe they should ask Jamaica to do some tests on her first and make sure she can donate?

Long recovery though - usually around 3 months before you can go back to work after being a donor. Recipient is not too bad - they put the new kidney in the stomach so that if(when?) it goes wrong they can get to it easily.
                "The operation to receive his sister's kidney had been due to take place last October after tests confirmed she was compatible."

Sounds like that already happened.

Comment

Could the Kidney get a visa?
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

unfortunately they have to assume she is lying:

Congo Olympic and Paralympic team members seek asylum in UK | World news | The Observer

Eritrea's flag-carrying runner seeks asylum in UK to flee repressive regime | UK news | The Guardian

African Olympic Athlete Claims Asylum In UK

If Olympic atheletes who are probably pretty well off in their own countries are willing to abscond it sort of raises the bar for the rest.

Though even I think that in this case assuming they had been matched it would have been humane to let her through. I assume his MP will get involved and further assurances gained then it will go ahead.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X