• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scotland, UK, GB, UKIP and a new name required

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scotland, UK, GB, UKIP and a new name required

If Scotland vote for independence then the UK and UKIP probably have a problem. The UK will no longer be able to refer to itself as either the United Kingdom or for that matter Great Britain (and pay attention and learn, Great never meant wonderful but larger - you would be amazed how many right wingers don't know this.) So if the UK no longer exists (which it won't if Scotland leaves) then the UK and especially the UKIP are going to need a new name, so lets have some ideas...

Albion
    Kingdom of Britain (Queendom doesn't sound right)
    WHINP (We Have Independence Now Party)
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Tory Towers?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Officially we're The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. So will we have to be The United Kingdom Of Great Britain except Scotland and Northern Ireland, or UKGBESNI for short.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        If Scotland vote for independence then the UK and UKIP probably have a problem. The UK will no longer be able to refer to itself as either the United Kingdom or for that matter Great Britain (and pay attention and learn, Great never meant wonderful but larger - you would be amazed how many right wingers don't know this.) So if the UK no longer exists (which it won't if Scotland leaves) then the UK and especially the UKIP are going to need a new name, so lets have some ideas...

Albion
        Kingdom of Britain (Queendom doesn't sound right)
        WHINP (We Have Independence Now Party)
        Why are you so obsessed with ukip?

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
          Why are you so obsessed with ukip?
          I'm not although I do think they're the greatest thing since Benny Hill . Why are you obsessed with answering any post about UKIP? Anyway this post was more about UK and they just happen to have that in their initials whereas the BNP just have British. Now if they had of been called GBNP then I would have used that but they're not although I suppose I could have used the Communist Party of Great Britain as they'll presumably have to change their name as well.
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I don't see why we would need to change our name. It will just be the case that united kingdom no longer refers to Scotland.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              I don't see why we would need to change our name. It will just be the case that united kingdom no longer refers to Scotland.
              Thats what I thought although it will be funny when Americans still refer to Scots as English

Comment

We will be FUK citizens. Former united kingdom citizens, which I am looking forward to as I will be able to work 180 days in England and 180 days in Scotland and not be a UK tax resident.

Comment

I think it's funnier thinking what will the SNP do if the people decide no
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    I'm not although I do think they're the greatest thing since Benny Hill . Why are you obsessed with answering any post about UKIP? Anyway this post was more about UK and they just happen to have that in their initials whereas the BNP just have British. Now if they had of been called GBNP then I would have used that but they're not although I suppose I could have used the Communist Party of Great Britain as they'll presumably have to change their name as well.
                    Well whatever.

Have fun.

Comment

Working...
                    X