• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank holiday escape

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank holiday escape

Anyone going anywhere nice?

Anyone doing anyone nice?

I'm staying in London - first time this century.

And they forecast rain
    Blair, you cannot reach me now,
    No matter how you try,
    Goodbye cruel Labour,
    Your end is nigh.

International Talk Like a Pirate Day

Comment

Reading festival - in the rain probably...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Are you roughing it in a tent and pissing in a bottle, or 5* hotel in Reading centre?
        First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

I'm going with my yacht in Monte Carlo, usual stuff...

Threaded
          The rest is silence...

Comment

Originally posted by _V_
            Are you roughing it in a tent and pissing in a bottle, or 5* hotel in Reading centre?
            I'm going home to my comfy bed every night. Bollox to camping there, bit long in the tooth for that...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

I'm staying in this weekend, like all bank holidays, then going to France in a few weeks when the prices have dropped by half and the swarms of munting chavs have settled down to their Jeremy Kyle and Trisha shows.
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Bluewater! Fun!
                Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

It's not a bank holiday on Monday for us north of the border, so while your all posting on here all day and surfing the web, ill be at work doing the same.

Comment

Taking Bank Holidays Off!!!!

On the client site on Monday.

No permies will be around, no phones, no 'how do I wipe my arse please, can you write that down for me' questions, no managers.

I'll get all the work for the week done on Monday then fart around 'being helpful' for the rest of the week, make the permie manager think I am superman - useful around now as the renewal sales pitch is due very soon.

Comment

Working...
                    X