• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Driving Licence Renewal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driving Licence Renewal

For heaven's sake - since when did applying for a new driving licence become like getting a visa for the USA?

Presumably sometime during the Blair regime when they were bandying about the idea of ID cards. Because that's what this is.

Now, I have a slight confession to make. I let mine expre. I should have received a reminder but I didn't so it's been sat at the bottom of my handbag without my realising it's over a year out of date.

They can fine you £1000

Now I've got to post my flippin passport to DVLA because they don't accept passports issued abroad, have new passport style photos done à la Holloway Prison mugshot and hope they don't reject the application 6 weeks down the line because my mascara was smudged.

Anyone else renewed their licence recently? Did it take forever?
    Last edited by Gittins Gal; 15 April 2014, 14:41.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...overnment.html
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

WHS

It was quick and painless.

But then, I'm not a sockie

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post

They can fine you £1000
        Could be worse than that if you have an accident as your insurance could be invalidated as you no longer have a right to drive etc etc....
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Erm no, I renewed last year and it was pretty painless. Why is it that its only YOU that has this kind of issues for simple things in life ? Is it so you can then create a new thread here on CUK ?
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
            Erm no, I renewed last year and it was pretty painless. Why is it that its only YOU that has this kind of issues for simple things in life ? Is it so you can then create a new thread here on CUK ?
            Ok clever clogs. You didn't read the post did you?

I couldn't do it online as my passport was issued outside of the uk.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
              WHS

It was quick and painless.

But then, I'm not a sockie
              That route doesn't work if your passport was issued oversea or is over 5 years old.

Comment

I miss Gricer.

Comment

That route doesn't work if your passport was issued oversea or is over 5 years old.
                  Was your passport over 5 years old or issued outside of the UK? If the latter then it shouldn't matter, it doesn't seem to state this anywhere. In fact if you have a biometric one you can apply online (I have one and it was issued in Düsseldorf):

If you’ve got a UK biometric passport you can use its number for your driving licence application; otherwise you’ll need to send in an original identity document.

UK biometric passports

If you have a biometric passport (where the photograph and signature are on the same page) you can just use the 9-digit passport number for your driving licence application.
                  You won’t need to send your passport in with your application.
                  To apply online, you need to:
                  • have a valid UK passport issued within the last 5 years
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

You are shaunboy's idiot wife who lost her passport in Germany, and I claim my 5 Euros.
                    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Working...
                    X