• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Humans - where did it go so wrong?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Humans - where did it go so wrong?

i) no compassion in society and ii) sooner rather than later the planet's gonna go pop.

discuss please.

one day at a time

Twas ever thus. We evolved to be like this, it worked for a while.

Perhaps we'll continue to evolve. I see compassion every day.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

i) It was a mess to start with, but I don't agree that there's no compassion in society; there is compassion but people find it difficult to show compassion toward the abstract figures they hear on the news. Food bank usage is growing all over Europe, which is a concern, but the mere existence of food banks and the level of donations shows that there IS compassion; whether the compassion can continue to compensate for the need is another question.

ii) If humanity is at war with the planet, my bet's on the planet to win.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I would say that since you started this thread and then instantly rated it as 5* whilst claiming to be on the path to righteousness. Then yes, some of us are clearly fu<ked.

Comment

The ratio of ‘intelligent’ species in the universe lasting beyond the ‘technological’ phase is predicted to be very low (can’t remember where I read that now).

We’re doomed until we all start to convert to Buddhism or similar ASAP and wake up to the true nature of reality.

one day at a time

Comment

Large doses of lsd should be part of the national curriculum.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Ah, its a sales pitch. Our IT helpdesk guy was a monk for a few years, now he is back on the helpdesk

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post

We’re doomed until we all start to convert to Buddhism or similar ASAP and wake up to the true nature of reality.

I'd prefer conversion to Buddhism to any kind of SAP, to be honest.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
                  The ratio of ‘intelligent’ species in the universe lasting beyond the ‘technological’ phase is predicted to be very low (can’t remember where I read that now).

I don't see why I should convert to Buddhism (there are variants thereof, too)?

I am quite happy with my self-belief...
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                    I am quite happy with my self-delusions...
                    FTFY

Comment

Working...
                    X