• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My new running machine.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new running machine.

Just done the first 10k on it and my initial thoughts are:

+ belt is textured, so better grip for the running shoes and so no slipping.
    + modern electric motors are now very quiet (much quieter than my old running machine.)
    + damping between the running board and the frame is very good (so quiet and gentler on the joints.)

- tray for my iPod is a bit on the small side, can easily see the iPod falling off after a slight cable tug.
    - no frigging tray for my drinks bottle! (will have to somehow remove the one from the old, dead running machine and attach it.)

First run after a one week break was a killer.
    nomadd liked this post

What is it?

Comment

Nice.
      My kees are destroyed so I recently bought a spin bike. Only 4 weeks in and my hip bone are back.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        What is it?
        A running machine?

It's a machine. You run on.

All joking aside, it's a York 120. Pretty basic, but more than good enough for me - 16kph max. Very quiet and compact, which is great as I don't have too much space in the spare room it's been placed it.
        nomadd liked this post

Comment

I have a Vision Fitness something or other, had it for about 5 years now, do 5km every morning at 12kph

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
            Nice.
            My kees are destroyed so I recently bought a spin bike. Only 4 weeks in and my hip bone are back.
            What did you do to your knees?
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
              I have a Vision Fitness something or other, had it for about 5 years now, do 5km every morning at 12kph

Milan.
              Two quick for me.

At the minute I do two 9k's a week in about 55 mins. Slow and gentle, no rush. Fat burning rather than cardio is my preference.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                What did you do to your knees?
                I had an avulsion fracture in my left tibia while I was a Royal Marine, and then a few more years of overcompensating while lugging my own body weight in kit on my back didn't help the other knee.

They aren't 'destroyed' but I can't run more than a mile. I do suspect that if I saw a podiatrist and got my gait compensated for it might help a lot though. I had some carbon-fibre inserts made for my boots when I was having physio after the operation and they turned me from a complete cripple to being able to run 20 miles overnight.

I'm expecting arthritis as I age, so I'm happy delaying that as much as possible by using the bike instead of running

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
                  I had an avulsion fracture in my left tibia while I was a Royal Marine, ...
                  MTFU!

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    MTFU!

My ligaments are the manliest around! It was my anterior cruciate - that pansy Gazza's snapped. Mine held it together like a boss and instead ripped the spine out of the top of my tibia.

Comment

Working...
                    X