• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No wonder the terrorists and atheists..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No wonder the terrorists and atheists..

...feel so at home in the UK!!!

Air ban on woman in blasphemy row
    By Auslan Cramb, Scottish Correspondent

A devout Christian was banned from flying with the budget airline Easyjet after she asked staff to "stop blaspheming".

Fiz Thomson, 55, was returning from a trip to Israel where she had been helping war victims, when she heard boarding staff at Stansted airport repeatedly exclaiming "Oh, my God" after a child fell and hurt herself.

She said she politely asked them to stop taking God's name in vain. She was then approached by a security official and she claims she was called a "racist" for remarking that her complaint would have been taken more seriously had she been Islamic.

advertisementAs a result of the altercation on Tuesday, her boarding card was withheld, her luggage was taken off the Edinburgh-bound flight and she was barred from flying with the airline for 24 hours.

The grandmother, from Burntisland, Fife, who worships at the independent Vine Church in Dunfermline, said: "There was absolutely nothing at all that I said to the airport staff which could have been interpreted as racist. "I was very polite and non aggressive, but one of the ladies angrily asked me if I expected everyone to follow my religion and do as I did.

"A member of the security staff then appeared and started arguing with me."

Mrs Thomson, a registered foster carer with Fife Council, added: "All the other flights to Edinburgh that evening were with Easyjet. I ended up having to hire a car and drive to my daughter's home in Bolton. "I stayed the night there before driving home the following day. It cost me more than £200, including petrol."

According to Easyjet, Mrs Thomson was "ranting at female gate staff of Indian origin" who had had no intention to be blasphemous.

A spokesman said her remarks appeared to be racist and a view was taken that she needed to calm down and would not be allowed to fly.

Link here
    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Two very different sides to the story given here. Was she called racist for a perfectly reasonable remark or was she ranting at Asian women? Why assume the one that appears to support your point, whatever it is, is the right one? If you have inside knowledge please share it. Otherwise you are displaying your usual total lack of rational thinking.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
      Mrs Thomson, a registered foster carer with Fife Council, added: "All the other flights to Edinburgh that evening were with Easyjet. I ended up having to hire a car and drive to my daughter's home in Bolton. "I stayed the night there before driving home the following day. It cost me more than £200, including petrol."
      Those religions looneys crack me up - Christ died for her sins and I bet he was not whining on the cross how execution prevented him from visiting nice blondy in neighbouring village.

If you believe in this crap, then suffer the consequences quietly like supposedly Christ did - don't whine when others tell you where to go.

And oh - by the way - airplanes are blasphemy too: they fly faster than angels and that can't be right, eh Chico?

**** *** Chico!

Comment

Seems like the Vine Church in Dunfermline has a track record of unholy row's :-

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/output/2...y7941488t0.asp

http://news.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?...&id=1209412006

The Church is home to a band called.... Frenzy !!
        It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Terrorists AND Atheists ?

Hey Chico, which are the worst - the terrorists or the atheists ?
          It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Us atheists are never terrorists. And don't start about Badher meinhof, Shining path etc. they were wishy washy agnostics. Spit!
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Baader
              We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
                ...feel so at home in the UK!!!

Air ban on woman in blasphemy row
                By Auslan Cramb, Scottish Correspondent

A devout Christian was banned from flying with the budget airline Easyjet after she asked staff to "stop blaspheming".

Fiz Thomson, 55, was returning from a trip to Israel where she had been helping war victims, when she heard boarding staff at Stansted airport repeatedly exclaiming "Oh, my God" after a child fell and hurt herself.

She said she politely asked them to stop taking God's name in vain. She was then approached by a security official and she claims she was called a "racist" for remarking that her complaint would have been taken more seriously had she been Islamic.

advertisementAs a result of the altercation on Tuesday, her boarding card was withheld, her luggage was taken off the Edinburgh-bound flight and she was barred from flying with the airline for 24 hours.

The grandmother, from Burntisland, Fife, who worships at the independent Vine Church in Dunfermline, said: "There was absolutely nothing at all that I said to the airport staff which could have been interpreted as racist. "I was very polite and non aggressive, but one of the ladies angrily asked me if I expected everyone to follow my religion and do as I did.

"A member of the security staff then appeared and started arguing with me."

According to Easyjet, Mrs Thomson was "ranting at female gate staff of Indian origin" who had had no intention to be blasphemous.

A spokesman said her remarks appeared to be racist and a view was taken that she needed to calm down and would not be allowed to fly.

Link here

For every person that progressed from being a monkey, most remained somewhere inbetween.

Everyone wants to be happy, but religion is just a fantasy. Some dream of Knights in Silver armour, others dream of being them.

Those that worship a deity that is not themself, are no less mad than the serial killer who believes he is napoleon or the lunatic that slits his wrists.

Comment

Working...
                X