• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bullied children suffer until they're 50

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bullied children suffer until they're 50

BBC News - Child bullying victims still suffering at 50 - study

Does this mean we have to put up with another 15 years of Suity posts?!?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    BBC News - Child bullying victims still suffering at 50 - study

Does this mean we have to put up with another 15 years of Suity posts?!?
    Do you think this is funny?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Do you think this is funny?
      Possibly because he's a bully? Leopards don't change their spots...
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Possibly because he's a bully? Leopards don't change their spots...
        You and Mich have until the end of today to get me a bag of cough candies and 50p each otherwise I'll punch you.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          You and Mich have until the end of today to get me a bag of cough candies and 50p each otherwise I'll punch you.
          Blimey, got a Frenchman down your throat and want to go fisting...

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            Blimey, got a Frenchman down your throat and want to go fisting...
            Coincidentally, the last person to punch me was a Frenchman, during a rugby match. I say 'was' a Frenchman because 5 seconds later I don't think he knew where on earth he came from after I, along with a former Fijian international and a former Bath front row explained to him in non-verbal terms that punching people in the goolies is not considered good form in polite company.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Cause and effect? could it be that the bullied kids tend to have funny sticky out ears, hugely overweight, or wear jam jar glasses.

Is it possible that 50 year olds who have funny sticky out ears, are hugely overweight or wear jam jar glasses are more likely to be depressed.

Just wondering.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Prof Louise Arseneault, senior study author, from the Institute of Psychiatry at King's College London, said: "We need to move away from any perception that bullying is just an inevitable part of growing up. Teachers, parents and policy-makers should be aware that what happens in the school playground can have long-term repercussions for children.
                Yup, agree with that. That, and the fact that the bullies themselves more often than not have issues, too.

But I don't see how an anti-bullying 'tsar' is going to solve this.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
                  Yup, agree with that. That, and the fact that the bullies themselves more often than not have issues, too.

But I don't see how an anti-bullying 'tsar' is going to solve this.
                  Weren't Tsars bullies?

Comment

Why you should nip it in the bud.

Comment

Working...
                    X