• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Replacing my BMW with one of these ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing my BMW with one of these ...

Everyone else (well kind of) is doing car threads and I just got confirmation that my order has gone through and build is about to start. The car is not officially announced until June and mine should, hopefully, be ready mid-July. The Alpina B3 Biturbo will go and in its place will be a 4 door, 5 seater BMW saloon car. No criticism (yeah, I know its a bit silly but **** it), no jokes about small willies, etc as I'll just ignore them...

It should look exactly like these images:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

which model is it ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      which model is it ?

Milan.
      I thought that would get you out of the woodwork Its the M3 saloon
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

very nice

what engine/hp does the M3 have these days ?

I find it hard to distinguish between the 3's and 5's these days, was in the UK in November and Avis gave me a gold 3 and it really looked in gold like a 5

was at Techno Classica Essen last month,

some nice machinery there including 3 Veyrons in the VAG hall

Milan.

Comment

6 cylinder, 3 litre, twin turbo with 431bhp and 0-60 in 3.9s. Sadly limited to 250km/h but I ordered the drivers package which takes that off and top end is 280km/h. I wanted the new Alpina (basically the same engine) which although slightly less power and 0-60 does have a top end of 305km/h, better fuel consumption and is cheaper but does have nearly a years waiting list.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            6 cylinder, 3 litre, twin turbo with 431bhp and 0-60 in 3.9s. Sadly limited to 250km/h but I ordered the drivers package which takes that off and top end is 280km/h. I wanted the new Alpina (basically the same engine) which although slightly less power and 0-60 does have a top end of 305km/h, better fuel consumption and is cheaper but does have nearly a years waiting list.

fuel consumption, feck's sake does it really matter at this end of the market ? :-)

sounds nice though

Milan.

Comment

last Devember the day I collected my q7 a friend collected a 650i

he got a super deal on that

he signed up for a bmw driving weekend in bulgaria or somewhere, cost him like 800eur
              but while he was there, bmw offered him and the other people 25% off the price of a 650i
              if they signed up there and then, then he bought it through his company and got the vat off
              and bang, he's got it for nearly half price

that thing drinks petrol

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                fuel consumption, feck's sake does it really matter at this end of the market ? :-)

sounds nice though

Milan.
                It matters to me. I want it to use a lot of fuel. I have a choice. My business can buy petrol and pay 75% tax at the pump, or my business can pay me a salary over which I pay 52% or dividend over which I pay 25%. If I buy lots of petrol, I get some fun in return; if I don't then I have to hand over great chunks of money for not much in return. That's why I like fuel guzzling cars; they reduce my income tax. I also like old cars, because the income tax is based on trade value instead of new price. If I were to buy a 14 year old XJ I'd have an extra 20k (25% of new price which in NL is about 50% tax already) slapped on my income and taxed at 52%. With a 15 year old XJ I get 35% of the trade value slapped on my income and end up paying about 2k more income tax instead of 11k.

Believe me, I hate giving more money to politicians, but if I have to then I want to do it in an enjoyable way.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Very nice piece of kit but only worth buying in Germany where you can actually use the speed.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    It matters to me. I want it to use a lot of fuel. I have a choice. My business can buy petrol and pay 75% tax at the pump, or my business can pay me a salary over which I pay 52% or dividend over which I pay 25%. If I buy lots of petrol, I get some fun in return; if I don't then I have to hand over great chunks of money for not much in return. That's why I like fuel guzzling cars; they reduce my income tax. I also like old cars, because the income tax is based on trade value instead of new price. If I were to buy a 14 year old XJ I'd have an extra 20k (25% of new price which in NL is about 50% tax already) slapped on my income and taxed at 52%. With a 15 year old XJ I get 35% of the trade value slapped on my income and end up paying about 2k more income tax instead of 11k.

Believe me, I hate giving more money to politicians, but if I have to then I want to do it in an enjoyable way.

yo Mich,

can you, would you perhaps, be so kind as to explain that for the hard of hearing

ta

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                    X