• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Got a call from Microsoft!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a call from Microsoft!

I love getting these!

Indian bloke from 'Microsoft' calls saying my computer is failing, picked on the wrong bloke!

1. 10 mins of me expressing sincere concern
    2. 10 mins me 'going into the office' upstairs, along the landing into the loft..
    3. 10 mins me taking down the 'serial number' they want me to enter and me getting wrong on purpose several times
    4. 5 mins looking for the Windows Key on my Mac

Another bloke comes on at this point

5. Another 5 mins trying different combinations of Crtl, Alt etc...
    6. Now another 5 mins - we are working like a team, trying to find the 'Start' button

I keep telling him there's no Start button in the bottom left hand corner, just a smiley face labelled 'Finder'

"Is this a Macintosh computer, Sir?'

"Yes, I've been deliberately wasting your time!'

Then he hung up for some reason....

Sounds like a productive 45 mins

Comment

I had a similar call and when we couldn't find the start button I convinced them I was using Windows 8
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Was he named "Kevin"?

I spoke to "Kevin" the other day.

Very very briefly.
        Me too. He point-blank refused to upgrade me from MS-DOS 2.0 to MS-DOS 2.1.

B'stard.
        nomadd liked this post

Comment

Having searched the web on this subject and the various time wasting procedures, I might knock up a VM with bogus data on it, and go through the whole thing with them, let them remote it, or put Teamviewer on it or whatever they do, everything except giving them the CC details. Apparently one chap did this, including the bogus data, and cos he wouldn't pay they starting deleting said data, which is slightly mean.

Trouble is I'm getting a bit bored with it now, I might adopt my mate's approach, which is simply say to them 'Eat my shorts'....

Comment

Working...
          X