• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

3 months stint in Zurich

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 months stint in Zurich

Hello All,

One of the agent is after me to take up 3 months contract in Zurich and offering £500GBP but asking me to swallow all expenses i.e. travel from London to Zurich,stay in the hotel & food , pay for mgmt payroll company and taxes in Swiss as well as in the UK.

Was wondering is rate on offer good enough to say yes?

Had gone through previous old posts on this same topic but couldn't figure it out.

Looking forward to hearing from seniors...

Cheers
    Bill.

Originally posted by WilsonPiper72 View Post
    Hello All,

One of the agent is after me to take up 3 months contract in Zurich and offering £500GBP but asking me to swallow all expenses i.e. travel from London to Zurich,stay in the hotel & food , pay for mgmt payroll company and taxes in Swiss as well as in the UK.

Was wondering is rate on offer good enough to say yes?

Had gone through previous old posts on this same topic but couldn't figure it out.

Looking forward to hearing from seniors...

Cheers
    Bill.
    No it's not enough.

HTH
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      No it's not enough.

HTH
      Thanks .. is it a good rate if ask him to pay for my expenses?

Ta

Comment

It depends on your definition of 'enough'. You're not going to starve.

Consensus seems to be that Zurich is super expensive, so if you're on, say, £350 a day here, you're probably going to be worse off there. But if you're on £100 a day, you're probably quids in!

Comment

Thanks .. is it a good rate if ask him to pay for my expenses?

Ta
          Take your normal day rate. Add all expenses. Then add 10% for the inconvenience. This is then a modest day rate.

Don't scrimp on hotels either.

Comment

Take your normal day rate. Add all expenses. Then add 10% for the inconvenience. This is then a modest day rate.

Don't scrimp on hotels either.

Thanks..

Comment

Thanks..
              You're welcome. Don't forget to fill in the questionnaire.

Comment

You're welcome. Don't forget to fill in the questionnaire.
                questionnaire --> which one??

Comment

Are you the guitarist off The Church?

Marty Willson-Piper - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Economy Save ticket per week in Zürich costs you 200 quid (flight there and back)

The following hotel is approx 62 quid a night and is very near Zürich airport.

Hotel Zrich, Freie Zimmer, Hotel Restaurant Bahnhof, 8152 Glattbrugg

There is a Doner Kebab place across from the hotel that will cost abut 6 quid for a Doner Kebab and there is a Chinese take away a bit further down the road for 9.60, a load of bread from the local Supermarket will cost 1 pound.

In Zürich there are plenty of really expensive hotels and appartments but if you look around, it doesn't have to be expensive.

I agree with the above, you may as well just get a contract around the corner and save yourself a lot of hassle.
                    Last edited by BlasterBates; 19 April 2014, 22:44.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X