• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DM does a good deed.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM does a good deed.

Wail on Sunday published a story today discrediting foodbanks

No ID, no checks... and vouchers for sob stories: The truth behind those shock food bank claims | Mail Online

The social media response has been a huge surge in donations to the Trussell Trust

Trussell Trust Appeal is fundraising for The Trussell Trust
    Last edited by mudskipper; 20 April 2014, 19:23.

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Wail on Sunday published a story today discrediting foodbanks

No ID, no checks... and vouchers for sob stories: The truth behind those shock food bank claims | Mail Online

The social media response has been a huge surge in donations to the Trussell Trust

Trussell Trust Appeal is fundraising for The Trussell Trust
    Does the Mail offer any comment on the BP'S food banks?

BNP food banks 'are for indigenous Brits only' says Nick Griffin - UK Politics - UK - The Independent
    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Interesting comment:

Pompey person, Portsmouth, United Kingdom, 9 hours ago

I gave up donating in my local supermarket when I was told not to put pasta and sauce in the trolley because their users were "fed up of it".
      Same thing at my current gig. The 'Facilities Dept' have plastered the place with foodbank donation appeals/requests but with an additional request: "please do not donate pasta, rice or sauces...they don't want it". WTF?
      "it's people like Jim, Jim MacDonald, who keep me going,"

tulip in your flowerbed

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Potter View Post
        Interesting comment:

Same thing at my current gig. The 'Facilities Dept' have plastered the place with foodbank donation appeals/requests but with an additional request: "please do not donate pasta, rice or sauces...they don't want it". WTF?
        Yes, presumably the best thing would be to donate the very thing they are fed up with to teach them a lesson.
        The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
          Yes, presumably the best thing would be to donate the very thing they are fed up with to teach them a lesson.
          Sorry, I don't understand the point you tried to make?
          "it's people like Jim, Jim MacDonald, who keep me going,"

tulip in your flowerbed

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Potter View Post
            Sorry, I don't understand the point you tried to make?
            No need to apologise.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

The Trussell Trust keep telling people they can get vouchers through their GP surgery and while there may be the odd exception for the vast majority it is something they don't do and will not get involved in. It is unclear why they keep spreading this misinformation.

Comment

Didn't do that good a job:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Didn't do that good a job:

So basically a DM reporter spun a web of lies to the CAB in order to get a handout and the fact someone helped him in his supposed hour of need is considered a bad thing? These people really are low aren't they.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    So basically a DM reporter spun a web of lies to the CAB in order to get a handout and the fact someone helped him in his supposed hour of need is considered a bad thing? These people really are low aren't they.
                    The heart-warming side of the story is the pile of food that has been removed from would be scroungers, thereby saving them from the scourge of dependency.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Working...
                    X