• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Welcome to Duindorp, where it's ok to harass the foreigners.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to Duindorp, where it's ok to harass the foreigners.

Duindorp wants no foreigners - NL Times

A hair-raising report by TV Station Omroep West that aired yesterday shows residents blatantly admitting that they approve of racist tactics that are being used to structurally deter foreigners who have a house in their parish. Windows are being smashed, houses are egged and walls are plastered with racist slurs. “Foreigners do not belong here. There are enough white people who deserve a house in our village; if they come, I don’t mind. If it’s someone with a burka that should be on a camel, he best continue walking to where he came from,” one man tells the camera. “I applaud people who chase them out.”
    This is a PVV (Geert Wilders) neighborhood. How long before UKIP will follow suit? I'll give it 6 months.
    <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
    Duindorp wants no foreigners - NL Times

This is a PVV (Geert Wilders) neighborhood. How long before UKIP will follow suit? I'll give it 6 months.
    Why should you care what UKIP does or doesn't do - you're not in the UK anymore...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

How long before UKIP will follow suit?
      I'll suggest it to my UKIP constituency chairman, and report back what he said

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        Why should you care what UKIP does or doesn't do - you're not in the UK anymore...
        If he comes back can we smash his windows?

Comment

I thought muslims were doing that in East London recently?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I thought muslims were doing that in East London recently?
            Is that on the Mail?
            <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Is that on the Mail?
              No. It appears to be factual.

BBC News - East London homophobic abuse 'vigilante' victim plea

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                But nobody will have the balls to fight the Muslim vigilante gangs because they have a British passport.

While it's ok to have a go at the foreigners.

Comment

This is what happens where legitimate concerns are continually ignored. Policies of the more moderate right wing parties like UKIP, such as reasonable control of numbers, proper checks on individuals and requiring that migrants are prepared to integrate rather than stay outside our society, will help to prevent such things, not cause them.

Too much to expect any grasp of history from some but, just one example, look at the history of the Blackshirts. Jews had integrated well and Anti-Semitism was almost dead in Britain until a big influx of Jews from Russia and Eastern Europe to East London in the last half of the 19th century stirred it all up again.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

But nobody will have the balls to fight the Muslim vigilante gangs because they have a British passport.

While it's ok to have a go at the foreigners.
                    Another link from the wail, but it's been going on for quite some time in the east end.

I went to uni in the east end and we had constant problems with a local militant islamic group, who tried to get in on campus activities on numerous occasions, the uni was known for its large islamic population but there were never any problems then. This was over 15 years ago but the migrant population has now changed from largely Jewish to mainly Banglideshi, but the anti British feeling seems to have stepped up a notch.

The east end as xogoth pointed out has been a haven for many immigrants or those fleeing persecution, the Hugenots in the1600's, Spanish Portugese Jews in the 1700's and then followed by the Irish in the mid 1800's and mid 1900's the Bangladeshi communities
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X