• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The sheer awfulness of MS software engineers & MS Excel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The sheer awfulness of MS software engineers & MS Excel

Menu > Data > Validation >

List item 1, List item 2

Or a conditional filter perhaps.

But for the love of all that holly don't touch the arrow keys to to move the cursor otherwise you'll replace the carefully enter text with a cell reference.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Microsoft Excel Training Courses | Excel Course London | Reed Learning

HTH
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Menu > Data > Validation >

List item 1, List item 2

Or a conditional filter perhaps.

But for the love of all that holly don't touch the arrow keys to to move the cursor otherwise you'll replace the carefully enter text with a cell reference.
      yes I wish there was a way to turn off the arrow key cell navigation when a formula was present. I suppose they make it for two levels of competence You & I are obviously on the borderline.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        yes I wish there was a way to turn off the arrow key cell navigation when a formula was present. I suppose they make it for two levels of competence You & I are obviously on the borderline.
        Yes a way to turn it off would be sweet.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

From Monday Links vol. VII: PPT97: PowerPoint Centimeters Different from Actual Centimeters

Comment

Their treachery just grows deeper and deeper.

Never assume quality with made in US of A.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

That's brilliant.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Comment

That annoys me too, and "Insert copied cells". However, mostly Excel is brill, do all sorts of little utilities with it like file backups, looking up ISPs, listing image resolutions, checking my lottery tickets etc etc.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                  X