• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Short people are fick.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short people are fick.

NEW YORK (Reuters) - While researchers have long shown that tall people earn more than their shorter counterparts, it's not only social discrimination that accounts for this inequality -- tall people are just smarter than their height-challenged peers, a new study finds.

"As early as age three -- before schooling has had a chance to play a role -- and throughout childhood, taller children perform significantly better on cognitive tests," wrote Anne Case and Christina Paxson of Princeton University in a paper published by the National Bureau of Economic Research.

The findings were based primarily on two British studies that followed children born in 1958 and 1970, respectively, through adulthood and a U.S. study on height and occupational choice.

Other studies have pointed to low self-esteem, better health that accompanies greater height, and social discrimination as culprits for lower pay for shorter people.

But researchers Case and Paxson believe the height advantage in the job world is more than just a question of image.

"As adults, taller individuals are more likely to select into higher paying occupations that require more advanced verbal and numerical skills and greater intelligence, for which they earn handsome returns," they wrote.
    Reuters

We need to do something about this. If we had seperate development for short people we could call it apart-height.
    Blair, you cannot reach me now,
    No matter how you try,
    Goodbye cruel Labour,
    Your end is nigh.

International Talk Like a Pirate Day

That would explain it. Chico, AndyW and The Stupid Pimp are all short, fat dwarves with a BO problem and mild autism.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Small people always seem more aggressive, or always want to prove themselves more. When they become aggressive with me I usually hold them at arms length on the head and they can't reach me.

Comment

Originally posted by CaribbeanPirate
        Reuters

We need to do something about this. If we had seperate development for short people we could call it apart-height.
        Another ridicolous research where the study proves that rich people (the whiter, the taller, the ones who had a better education thanks to the money and a better nutrition thanks to better food) are better than poor people. Let's keep it going. I have more scientific proof of the opposite in this picture than the whole study:

Last edited by Francko; 26 August 2006, 21:28.
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

I understand Crouch scored tonight. Maybe the theory has some merit...
          Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
            Another ridicolous research where the study proves that rich people (the whiter, the taller, the ones who had a better education thanks to the money and a better nutrition thanks to better food) are better than poor people. Let's keep it going. I have more scientific proof of the opposite in this picture than the whole study:

So you're saying white people are richer, better educated and better nourished than non-whites?

If so why do you think that is?
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

It is obviously because white people are institutionally racist, and owe any non-white people an apology and lots and lots of money.

You should understand, thousands of years of evolution, have no meaning in todays political climate... white people must pay the price for having been successful.
              Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
                So you're saying white people are richer, better educated and better nourished than non-whites?

If so why do you think that is?
                I am saying so to refer to all the other crap researches where they want to show that one race is more intelligent than the other. First, it might well be a casual distribution that is lucky for one particular race at one particular moment, it doesn't have to mean that one race is more clever than the other. Secondly, because all those race statistics do no count that white people are on average richer so they can give more education to kids, spend more time with them, so on... the same applies to children with an above than average height, they are more certainly children of richer people who could afford better food, better education, etc. etc. I am amazed that if the man on the street can come up with some discriminatory statement against any category is labelled as a racist/sexist/ect. while academic scientists can get away with that, covered by obviously flawed researches.
                I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Whoa Francko, hold on a minute. I'm going to play devil's advocate here.
                  Originally posted by Francko
                  I am saying so to refer to all the other crap researches where they want to show that one race is more intelligent than the other.
                  Why is all research in this field crap?
                  First, it might well be a casual distribution that is lucky for one particular race at one particular moment, it doesn't have to mean that one race is more clever than the other.
                  Well, that is not impossible, but improbable if results from different researches show similar results.
                  Secondly, because all those race statistics do no count that white people are on average richer so they can give more education to kids, spend more time with them, so on... the same applies to children with an above than average height, they are more certainly children of richer people who could afford better food, better education, etc. etc.
                  Perhaps what you are unwittingly describing is how evolution works. Maybe it was the same in the cold climates thousands of years ago, when "white" people had to work out better ways of hunting scarce resources, learn to store food (become "rich"), learn to find or make shelter and keep warm, and to work harder at keeping their offspring alive in the cold. They developed differently.
                  I am amazed that if the man on the street can come up with some discriminatory statement against any category is labelled as a racist/sexist/ect. while academic scientists can get away with that, covered by obviously flawed researches.
                  Don't you think it more amazing that academic research is always flawed if it produces descrimitary or politically incorrect results?
                  Last edited by stackpole; 27 August 2006, 09:28.

Comment

I believe Threaded is over 6 feet - around...

Comment

Working...
                    X