• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flippin MIL!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flippin MIL!!!

Usually good as gold but prone to 'moods' every few months where she seems to get this idea in her head that everyone else is using her. Got 4 kids who all run around in circles for her but shes never happy. Sure sometimes she thinks shes the queen.

Anyway, went away this weekend and toolk her. Was obvious within 10 mins she was in a mood and just didnt want to be there. Lasted all weekend.

Could have throttled her in the end. And she did the usual 'I forgot my purse' which also tends to happen in these 'mood' periods if she feels than she shouldnt spend any money at all and her kids need to look after her.

I dont normally mind but shes well minted and it would be nice to get the offer of payment once in a while.

Aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggghhhhh hhhhhhhh. Glad to be back in the office to be honest!!!!!!!
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Anyway, went away this weekend and toolk her. Was obvious within 10 mins she was in a mood and just didnt want to be there. Lasted all weekend.

How did you take her? Doggy-style? Just for 10 mins?
    Maybe that's what put her in a mood?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

They're all a nightmare. Had to have a go at mine for poking fun at my youngest saying 'oh aren't you getting a little fat', followed by 'have another cake dear'. This was then followed up by 'MF you need to get some exercise', followed up with 'why have you been out on the bike dear, you should be playing with the children' and finally when I was looking for my car keys which I left on the side 'Oh dear have you lost your car keys again', to which I replied yes I cannot find them, a little bemused 'Oh I put them in the cupboard dear, so you don't lose them'

What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        They're all a nightmare. Had to have a go at mine for poking fun at my youngest saying 'oh aren't you getting a little fat', followed by 'have another cake dear'. This was then followed up by 'MF you need to get some exercise', followed up with 'why have you been out on the bike dear, you should be playing with the children' and finally when I was looking for my car keys which I left on the side 'Oh dear have you lost your car keys again', to which I replied yes I cannot find them, a little bemused 'Oh I put them in the cupboard dear, so you don't lose them'

She was just distracting you while suity was doing your missus up against the wheelie bin.

Comment

My wife had a massive fight with her mum back in 2010 over her mum's attitude to life, the universe and everything, especially her racist views. We haven't seen her since, we go for a meal out once a month or so with the father-in-law who is a good sort and refuses to take sides. Driving to the in-laws' on a Sunday, I could see my wife's mood getting darker and darker by the minute and it took her the rest of the evening to relax when we got home. My life is immeasurably better now that I don't have to sit through Sunday meals with the two of them verbally swiping at each other like two feral cats in a small cage.

Some contractors charge a weekend premium rate, I'd happily have given a discount if it meant I could avoid going for lunch with the MIL.

She liked me though, thought I was a "good provider" and that the wife should just accept her role as a wife, housekeeper and essentially my servant. I liked turning the screw a bit on the times when the wife was bringing in higher day-rates than I was, the MIL got a bit swivel-eyed at the thought that her daughter had any use outside of the house.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

How did you take her? Doggy-style? Just for 10 mins?
            Maybe that's what put her in a mood?
            I think I was just sick a bit in my mouth

Comment

I think I was just sick a bit in my mouth
              Make sure you charge her extra.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                She was just distracting you while suity was doing your missus up against the wheelie bin.
                As long as he left the £1 coin to pay for it. lol

Reminds me of a time, mate of mine got a contract. First day had to travel to customer site with someone who was also a mate of mine (but they didnt know each other).

So I text them both and asked them if they were having a nice time in the car together. One mate replied yes thanks we're at your house, spit roasting your mrs.

Comment

As long as he left the £1 coin to pay for it. lol
                  The commercial relationship is the other way round.

Comment

Yep wife and MIL have had their fair share of arguments. I can see this one heading this way. Happened like this last summer.

To be fair, MIL is normally OK just mildly irritating. But at times like this she does prove that she really is the most selfish person in the world.

I remember last summer. Wife was really ill, had just had baby. I'd just started a gig 90 mins drive away and they wanted me to do 12 hour shifts. So coming home every night wasnt really possible (although I did so this some nights).

Luckily, MIL at the time offered to stay over a few nights a week to help at first. Then she had one of her moods, decided she was being taken advantage of and decided she wasnt coming after all.

Nealy had to bin the gig. Ended up driving home most nights making it 15-16 hour day. Will probably never forgive MIL for that one and the upset she caused. Mrs could hardly walk up stairs and MIL left her alone like that for 2-3 weeks all day just to prove a point.

Ended up in big argument. Shes ok then for a few months and then slips back into her old ways like now.

Comment

Working...
                    X