• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's grim oop north

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's grim oop north

The 135 places in Britain where one in seven boys will not live to retirement - Telegraph

And Wales
    And London

And everywhere.

So no point worrying about a pension really.

Champions again.

Think I'll have some vodka and fags to celebrate another win.

Comment

Well that says it all.

It is no coincidence where the worst standards of living also happen to be places where the Labour party has the highest majorities at general elections, highest number of people on benefits and the worst education, with upwards of 50% illiterate by the time they leave school. Also, where people die younger than on average, also, happen where people have the worst diets and the most take aways on average to feed the most over weight and obese in the UK. Why they need more food banks, when many will eat bags and plateful of chips that will provide more than their daily requirement of fat, salt and carbohydrates.

I've met some poor souls in my time. And those that indeed fall into the description above. Whose to blame? The state? The individual? Both? Whatever, whoever, it's a sad state of affairs for a modern country such as ours.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I could murder a proper bag of chips.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

That's bollox, when I lived in Bolton almost everyone went at 65-70, then I moved to Dumfries and everyone was like 90.....*

Yet both are 15% on that table.

* Evidence empirically gathered by what I remember at the time by reading the Deaths column in The Bolton Evening News and the Annandale and Eskdale Observer respectively....

Comment

Well it is damn wet and miserable in the NW. No surprise people are unhealthy when it rains sideways 150days a year and its tulipe the rest of the time.
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              That's bollox, when I lived in Bolton almost everyone went at 65-70, then I moved to Dumfries and everyone was like 90.....*

Yet both are 15% on that table.

* Evidence empirically gathered by what I remember at the time by reading the Deaths column in The Bolton Evening News and the Annandale and Eskdale Observer respectively....
              Are you trying to say that pasty and peas is not a well balanced diet?
              The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
                Are you trying to say that pasty and peas is not a well balanced diet?
                Went home to Bolton for my brothers 50th last week, cracking grub, hmmmmm

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    Went home to Bolton for my brothers 50th last week, cracking grub, hmmmmm

D'you want a bit of wet on that, luv?
                    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Working...
                    X