• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have we done the one about the punter who got deported from Sri Lanka?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have we done the one about the punter who got deported from Sri Lanka?

BBC News - Sri Lanka to deport Buddha tattoo British woman

Argghhh my eyes!

BBC News - The ways tattoos can get you into trouble
    Last edited by Peoplesoft bloke; 23 April 2014, 15:55.

That's why I like to explore the more savage parts of the world from the comfort of my sofa in front of the TV.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
      That's why I like to explore the more savage parts of the world from the comfort of my sofa in front of the TV.
      You're right; I don't really like Coventry either.

Naomi Coleman was arrested as she arrived at the airport in the capital Colombo after authorities spotted the tattoo on her right arm.

A police spokesman said the 37-year-old from Coventry was arrested for "hurting others' religious feelings".
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

You're missing out.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          You're missing out.
          Back in the day when I might be exploring uncharted territory (I guess I'd have to be a wealthy man), then great. But now that there is nowhere on earth where you can't see kids running around in Manchester united shirts I really have no interest.

There are some natural spectacles that I'd like to surround myself with, but it's really not worth the effort that comes with it as far as I'm concerned.

I had planned on saving up to climb Everest, but now that I'm just starting to feel my age upon me I'm pretty sure I'd actually just die. I wouldn't mind a trip to Svalbard instead. Could be my bench time next year.

Comment

There are some natural spectacles that I'd like to surround myself with
            I'm no authority in these matters but I doubt your average Hooters waitress counts as natural.

Comment

There we go - misogyny sorted with a letter change...
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                There we go - accuracy destroyed with a letter change...
                FTFY
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Back in the day when I might be exploring uncharted territory (I guess I'd have to be a wealthy man), then great. But now that there is nowhere on earth where you can't see kids running around in Manchester united shirts I really have no interest.

There are some natural spectacles that I'd like to surround myself with, but it's really not worth the effort that comes with it as far as I'm concerned.

I had planned on saving up to climb Everest, but now that I'm just starting to feel my age upon me I'm pretty sure I'd actually just die. I wouldn't mind a trip to Svalbard instead. Could be my bench time next year.
                  Yes, you do come across as dull as ditchwater.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    There we go - misogyny sorted with a letter change...
                    Munter =! misogyny

any more than ****** would = man hater

as you can imagine, I'm no oil painting myself but really.....

Comment

Working...
                    X