• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agents sending text messages

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agents sending text messages

Intrusive or what?

I'm talking about unsolicited approaches. I don't care how well the role is paying, they get a very firm f***off from me when they do this. Seems to be happening more and more...

Don't give my number out much, only email on my CV.
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Freaki Li Cuatre View Post
      Intrusive or what?

I'm talking about unsolicited approaches. I don't care how well the role is paying, they get a very firm f***off from me when they do this. Seems to be happening more and more...
      Stopping putting the ads up in phone booths then.

Comment

Some of them can't even be arsed typing more than 160 chars in a email, I got one this morning that was pretty much...

I have a development role, please give me a call on xxxx xxxx xxx

Do they really expect to get a call back based on that?

Comment

The number on my CV is a redirection service, so any texts just disappear.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Freaki Li Cuatre View Post
            Intrusive or what?

I wish I got unsolicited approaches from clients
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Im vry anrgy about ths!!

Comment

If you get weekend calls/texts you can guarantee its a bob agency like Silverlink. I refuse to answer phone to them.

One weekend I got 45 missed calls and about 30 texts on my mobile from them. Checked my email and they couldnt even be arsed to email me.

Did ring them on the monday and you guessed it was for crap rate gig, nothing to do with my skillset, in Belgium.
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

As a business looking for clients I have no issue with people pitching work to me, and I think a text is a less intrusive first contact than a call. If you don't want people approaching you then don't put your details out there.

Unfortunately, it seems that there isn't actually any work sitting behind these a lot of time. If someone has something for me then it seems more normal for them to send an email or LinkedIn message.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
                    As a business looking for clients I have no issue with people pitching work to me, and I think a text is a less intrusive first contact than a call. If you don't want people approaching you then don't put your details out there.

Unfortunately, it seems that there isn't actually any work sitting behind these a lot of time. If someone has something for me then it seems more normal for them to send an email or LinkedIn message.
                    Only time I get a text from a pimp is when they've rung me and/or e-mailed me and are pretty keen to speak with me about a role.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X