• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I used to have a Blackberry...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to have a Blackberry...

...and I was very happy with it.

You know why? Because no matter where I was, so long as I had GPRS coverage web pages loaded like s**t off a shovel.

Now I have a smart phone. My 2nd, in fact and I am rarely in an area with decent 3G coverage so I have to make do with GPRS. Except that I don't because it's dog slow and a total waste of time.

How come my Blackberry worked so well but my 2 smart phones have been complete crap?

Are you loading the mobile sites like your Blackberry used to, or is the browser set to download the full "normal" website?

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
      Are you loading the mobile sites like your Blackberry used to, or is the browser set to download the full "normal" website?
      My Blackberry also accessed the full website without taking aeons to load the page.

Comment

Name and shame please, "smart phone" just not good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Project Monkey View Post
          Name and shame please, "smart phone" just not good enough.
          HTC One V

Comment

Cue the Apple v Android debate?

Comment

My iPhone loaded this page before I clicked on the link
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Probably more to do with the mega tonnage of javascript that comes with websites these days and the smartphones attempt to do something with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Freaki Li Cuatre View Post
                  My Blackberry also accessed the full website without taking aeons to load the page.
                  Still got my BB Bold 9900 from 2 years ago and still love it, funny thing is, browsing is the only part of the experience I hate about it! I am putting off buying the Q10 because I am worried about not having the tracker pad....... I am one of the few loyal fans of BB that are left in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                    Still got my BB Bold 9900 from 2 years ago and still love it, funny thing is, browsing is the only part of the experience I hate about it! I am putting off buying the Q10 because I am worried about not having the tracker pad....... I am one of the few loyal fans of BB that are left in the world.
                    Yes, I like the tracker pad. My first HTC had one of sorts. Don't think any Smart phones have them now and positioning the cursor is controlled by wherever I plant my fat fingers on the screen. Not very accurate, in other words.

Comment

Working...
                    X