• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sorry, another UKIP thread. They hate elephants as well

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, another UKIP thread. They hate elephants as well

They actually voted in the European Parliament for a change but obviously were either still pissed from their lunchtime session or didn't know how to vote. Only 14 of the 671 politicians who voted opposed the resolution, and six of them were Ukip.: Ukip MEPs Voted Against Ivory Trade Clampdown In European Parliament

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    They actually voted in the European Parliament for a change but obviously were either still pissed from their lunchtime session or didn't know how to vote. Only 14 of the 671 politicians who voted opposed the resolution, and six of them were Ukip.: Ukip MEPs Voted Against Ivory Trade Clampdown In European Parliament

Why do I respond to this

But I do.

There are two main bodies governing the trade of ivory.

CITES - governs international trade.
    DEFRA - governs UK domestic trade.

The CITES agreement regulates – and in certain cases prohibits – international trade in certain species of plants, animals and their derivatives. There are three basic categories that CITES uses to classify and regulate trade in particular species, known as Appendix I, II and III.

Elephant Ivory is an Appendix I species for which all international commercial trade is banned.

You cannot import any product containing Elephant Ivory without the appropriate import and export certificates. Without the appropriate certificates, goods will be seized and penalties are heavy (upto 7 years in prison and unlimited fines).

DEFRA governs UK domestic trade and they require elephant ivory products to be manufactured before 1st June 1947.

THUS: We already have an international agreed law via CITES and a national law via DEFRA, UKIP simply did not vote for another layer of EU bureaucracy, and when you read the EU "statement", it offers NO new laws and NO new punishments, but simply is asking "to introduce moratoria", in other words, a chance to talk, meet and spend millions of pounds of UK taxpayers money when it it is not necessary.

Comment

"(I) expect Ukip to explain that they always vote against anything that expands EU power.

"As a passionate anti-EU conservative, I appreciate that stance. But when it comes to taking action against something as squalid as the ivory trade, even this rabid patriot would compromise my anti-EU principles.
      So we should agree with this man on principle, precisely because his principles are flexible?

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
        Why do I respond to this

But I do.
        You do what? a lot. Maybe you should read the resolution first and you'll see that it is much more than the import of ivory. As you're probably unable to search out the facts for yourself and instead rely on soundbites from a media that itself can only provide distorted facts then I went and did it for you: Motion for a resolution on wildlife crime - B7-0013/2014
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

You do what? a lot. Maybe you should read the resolution first and you'll see that it is much more than the import of ivory. As you're probably unable to search out the facts for yourself and instead rely on soundbites from a media that itself can only provide distorted facts then I went and did it for you: Motion for a resolution on wildlife crime - B7-0013/2014
          Are you being paid to smear UKIP? We are coming up to the fruit picking season so hopefully you will find a proper job
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Whatever the rights and wrongs of this argument maybe you clearly are the dullest fooker on this site.

Comment

Vote UKIP!
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                Are you being paid to smear UKIP? We are coming up to the fruit picking season so hopefully you will find a proper job
                Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                Whatever the rights and wrongs of this argument maybe you clearly are the dullest fooker on this site.
                I see they've let the Care In The Community crowd out earlier this evening

Comment

Vote UKIP!
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Vote Upik!

Comment

Working...
                    X