• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone know how to order a contract mobile phone?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know how to order a contract mobile phone?

Where I work there is no phone signal, no wifi, and restricted web access.

I want to change mobile phone provider so I can get a signal at work. Also my contract is up, and it makes sense to shop around.

I have "ordered" online from O2. Got an email back saying they would ring me in a few hours, or email me. 2 days later still nothing so I called up. They have no record of my order. They won't allow me to forward the email they sent me with the order number. No one was available to take a new order (ok it was Good Friday).

So I placed an order online with EE. Who sent me an email saying they would get in touch to complete the order. Still nothing.

So is it really the case that in this day and age I can only do this face to face?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

If you can't get a mobile phone contract without manual intervention your credit rating is beyond screwed.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      If you can't get a mobile phone contract without manual intervention your credit rating is beyond screwed.
      But I know it isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        But I know it isn't.
        No you just hope it isn't.

Mobile phone contract systems are incredibly automated and the only human intervention should be at the fulfillment centre where a SIM card and phone are scanned and mapped to an account.

Everything you've posted above screams that there is something very wrong going on and the only reason I can think of would be that your credit record isn't right...

As an aside my o2 contract I got last week (for a stupidly cheap Nokia 1020) took 1 minute for contract confirmation...
        Last edited by eek; 24 April 2014, 12:03.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          No you just hope it isn't.

Mobile phone contract systems are incredibly automated and the only human intervention should be at the fulfillment centre where a SIM card and phone are scanned and mapped to an account.

Everything you've posted above screams that there is something very wrong going on and the only reason I can think of would be that your credit record isn't right...

As an aside my o2 contract I got last week (for a stupidly cheap Nokia 1020) took 1 minute for contract confirmation...
          So they lost my order because I have a bad credit rating?

Comment

Spent too much on pies?

Comment

Or you ordered it as Ltd.
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

I doubt the order was "lost" more "rejected"........

Comment

maybe a bit tangential....

how can third-parties offer better deals than the original providers?
                  I have Orange, now EE.
                  I want a new phone and contract, but found, via moneysupermarket, that third party companies seem to offer better deals than going direct through EE.

how can that be?

Comment

Originally posted by evilagent View Post
                    maybe a bit tangential....

how can third-parties offer better deals than the original providers?
                    I have Orange, now EE.
                    I want a new phone and contract, but found, via moneysupermarket, that third party companies seem to offer better deals than going direct through EE.

how can that be?
                    Because they have decided to take a little less profit in order to grow market share, perhaps? Companies don't all operate at cost price - there is generally some margin in there too.

Comment

Working...
                    X