• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coming over here and closing our Car washes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coming over here and closing our Car washes

https://www.autoblog.com/2014/04/24/...ar-nano-paint/

Shown on a European Note hatchback, the key is a special layer of super-hydrophobic and oleophobic material called Ultra-Ever Dry that is sprayed over the paint. It creates a protective layer between the body and environment, and it means that when dirt or water come into contact with the car, the gunk just sheets away.

Nissan admits that the coating is still early in testing. The key will be if the stuff can actually last for the long term, and the company will be analyzing it over the coming months to see how it will react in different conditions. At the moment, the automaker has no plans to offer Ultra-Ever Dry as a standard feature, but it may make it available as an aftermarket addition in the future. Scroll down to watch the video of Nissan testing the stuff in some very dirty conditions.
    looks interesting.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Being a nature nut I think it would be much better if we developed cars that grew lichen and other plants all over them and encouraged bees and squirrels to live in the gearbox.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Being a nature nut I think it would be much better if we developed cars that grew lichen and other plants all over them and encouraged bees and squirrels to live in the gearbox.
      They already exist. They're called TVRs.
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Indeed, but the hydrophobic windscreens featured on Tomorrow's World back in the '70s also looked interesting
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
          They already exist. They're called TVRs.
          And anything built by British Leyland.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

The products have been around for a long time. BA and easyjet have trialled them as a means of reducing fuel consumption. There are many of them on the market but being nano sized particles they wear off with friction and detergents. Those that stick require an expensive fixing/adhesion process. It will be interesting to see if this gains traction
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
            X