• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear: 10m want to quit 'over-taxed' UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Dear: 10m want to quit 'over-taxed' UK

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...330678,00.html

"ONE in five Britons — nearly 10m adults — is considering leaving the country amid growing disillusionment over the failure of political parties to deliver tax cuts, according to a new poll. ",

Last one, switch out the light.

Milan.

Originally posted by milanbenes
    leaving the country amid growing disillusionment over the failure of political parties
    Already done it.
    Blair, you cannot reach me now,
    No matter how you try,
    Goodbye cruel Labour,
    Your end is nigh.

International Talk Like a Pirate Day

Comment

We will be off in two years - as soon as youngest has finished school. Just trying to persuade my good lady we should sell up now and rent.

Comment

Tosh.

That means that the overwhleming majority ir 4 out of 5 are in FAVOUR of NL tax policys.

And just where do they think they will go to pay less tax,unless they have a residency in Monaco, which I doubt.

I dont know about you, I am in favour of a further tax hikes to ensure our nuclear deterent is the best that money can buy.

We cant be too careful these days ...

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
          Tosh.

That means that the overwhleming majority ir 4 out of 5 are in FAVOUR of NL tax policys.

And just where do they think they will go to pay less tax,unless they have a residency in Monaco, which I doubt.
          I don't read it that way. Your second line is closer to the facts...where do you go? In europe the UK is one of the lowest taxed areas.

To OZ or the US? extremely difficult and expensive to get in..and you may not like it there...what with the rednecks and all.

As for me...wife and I are back to Canada by end of next year. Though....for how long no idea...she hates winters here!.
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

How many of them voted for NL? That should have been second question in the poll.

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000
              ...wife and I are back to Canada by end of next year. Though....for how long no idea...she hates winters here!.
              By the numbers of Canadians in the Cayman Islands, all of them hate the winters. The place is full of 'em.
              Originally posted by zeitghost
              I'm too fecking old to get in anywhere... so I'm stuck with Bliar & Co for the duration
              So am I, but I created my own business and employ the locals. That normally goes down well.
              Blair, you cannot reach me now,
              No matter how you try,
              Goodbye cruel Labour,
              Your end is nigh.

International Talk Like a Pirate Day

Comment

Tax collectors also came to be baptized.

"Teacher," they asked, "what should we do?"

13 "Don’t collect any more than you are required to," he told them.
                14 Then some soldiers asked him, "And what should we do?"

He replied,

"Don’t extort money and don’t accuse people falsely - be content with your pay."

Luke 3:12-14

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
                  amid growing disillusionment over the failure of political parties to deliver tax cuts
                  No mention of immigration then?

If the poll is worded like that the suprising thing is how many want to stay.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

There are lies, damn lies and CUK posts

Reading further in this article we learn ...

It found that emigration is a possibility for more than one in five people. Asked if they had thought about moving abroad, 16% said they had given it
                    “serious thought” and a further 6% said they planned to do so.

So its six per cent plan to emigrate, no shock there !

Comment

Working...
                    X