• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Friday Rant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Rant

Liquids on planes. So we are allowed them providing they are in a container no bigger than 100ml right? As many as we want, so long as they are each in containers no bigger than 100ml. But if I was to transfer the contents of say 3 100ml containers into one 300ml containers that’s not allowed. Presumably the 100ml limit has been scientifically investigated and set accordingly because any more than that, if it was to be manipulated by some naughty person would be dangerous. But 3 times the limit as long as its in separate containers is OK. Well that all seems to make sense…

Also if I have a container bigger than 100ml, say a contact lens bottle which are typically 120ml but its clearly only a quarter or so full that’s not allowed either. But not to worry I can be ripped off in the Airport Boots who will happily supply me with one for 25% more than it costs anywhere else. So that’s alright then.

Originally posted by Contractoid View Post
    As many as we want, so long as they are each in containers no bigger than 100ml.
    No.

Comment

Originally posted by Contractoid View Post
      Liquids on planes. So we are allowed them providing they are in a container no bigger than 100ml right? As many as we want, so long as they are each in containers no bigger than 100ml. But if I was to transfer the contents of say 3 100ml containers into one 300ml containers that’s not allowed. Presumably the 100ml limit has been scientifically investigated and set accordingly because any more than that, if it was to be manipulated by some naughty person would be dangerous. But 3 times the limit as long as its in separate containers is OK. Well that all seems to make sense…

Also if I have a container bigger than 100ml, say a contact lens bottle which are typically 120ml but its clearly only a quarter or so full that’s not allowed either. But not to worry I can be ripped off in the Airport Boots who will happily supply me with one for 25% more than it costs anywhere else. So that’s alright then.
      5/10

Started out as a good rant, a shame it ended rather abruptly though. I'd rather have seeen a crescendo of fury leading to an obvious burst bloodvessel.

By the way, I agree.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I had to handover a tube of toothpaste with a couple of squeezes left in it because it's original size was greater than 100ml.

I think there's a limit on how many 100ml containers you can have. Isn't the rule 100ml containers in a 1ltr resealable clear bag.

Comment

Not enough swearing or use of misogynist language - can you edit and beef it up a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
            No.
            Ahem!

"Each liquid you carry must be in its own container of no more than 100ml (3.4 ounces)."

Liquids, banned and restricted items | Baggage essentials | British Airways

Comment

Does it matter what shape the bottle is?

Could you get a 100ml bottle that was really narrow and slightly too long to fit through the airplane door?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                5/10

Started out as a good rant, a shame it ended rather abruptly though. I'd rather have seeen a crescendo of fury leading to an obvious burst bloodvessel.

By the way, I agree.
                I shall work on version 2 based on this and other feedback. Shall aim for at least a 9/10.

Comment

Originally posted by JRCT View Post
                  Does it matter what shape the bottle is?

Could you get a 100ml bottle that was really narrow and slightly too long to fit through the airplane door?
                  No. The rules, https://www.gov.uk/hand-luggage-restrictions/overview

wtf does this mean? 'Airport security staff won’t let anything through if they consider dangerous - even if it’s normally allowed in hand luggage.'

Comment

I'm waiting for the day when no clothes may be worn going through security and on board.
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                    X