• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How far can things go?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How far can things go?

We are always reading about endangered species, and it is quite right, IMO that we should do all we can to protect them. On the other hand, if I lived in some remote part of India and Tigers were eating my goats/children I might not be so keen. We are all hypocrites.

Even pro-nature Brits think killing some species such as rats or ants is ok but what if we developed some really effective poisons and some creatures we regard as pests become endangered too? Some time in the future, will the RSPCA be visiting our houses and inspecting us to ensure our kids have the requisite population of head lice?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

I am worried about the endangered cretin of cuk. Only 1 left in existence. He threatened to leave a few months ago - very upsetting.

Is there no female cretin that will breed with assguru and so preserve the cretin bloodline?

Comment

Kill 'em all, stop at nothing.

Comment

I think we should don our red coats, riding hats and get the horn between our teeth and hunt down every critter we can find just for the fun of the chase
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          I think we should don our red coats, riding hats and get the horn between our teeth and hunt down every critter we can find just for the fun of the chase
          I agree. CUK fox hunting club will hunt down its first agent on this Sunday's hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            We are always reading about endangered species, and it is quite right, IMO that we should do all we can to protect them. On the other hand, if I lived in some remote part of India and Tigers were eating my goats/children I might not be so keen. We are all hypocrites.

Even pro-nature Brits think killing some species such as rats or ants is ok but what if we developed some really effective poisons and some creatures we regard as pests become endangered too? Some time in the future, will the RSPCA be visiting our houses and inspecting us to ensure our kids have the requisite population of head lice?
            If rats were endangered, they wouldn't be a nuisance/menace/whatever so killing them would no longer class as pest control.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

True but what about lice or fleas?
              bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                True but what about lice or fleas?
                honestly unlikely to ever become extinct they like Rats are far too good at survival.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

IMO pandas should be allowed to die out. It's not sad it's nature taking it's course.

Who will come to rescue of the bankers in the city when the ice caps melt and the sea rises a few meters?
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Recent news of huge rats, up to 16" not counting tail. Given the fact that fast breeding creatures mutate quicker, 3" public lice are just around the corner.

And why do pubic lice never infect heads? That's weird. You would think they would like a holiday away from home now and then, bit like people who live in Slough going to the Algarve.

PS Pandas are very dull creatures, there would be more concern if we dyed them pink.
                    Last edited by xoggoth; 25 April 2014, 15:59.
                    bloggoth

Comment

Working...
                    X