• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UKIP British worker is Irish

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UKIP British worker is Irish

Face of Ukip poster is Irish migrant actor - Home News - UK - The Independent
    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Dave O’Rourke, originally from Dublin but resident in Britain for at least 10 years.
    Hmm, now I am confused....

Comment

Originally posted by SaltyLevels View Post
      Hmm, now I am confused....
      Bloody EU immigrants coming over here, stealing our anti-EU immigration party propaganda acting jobs.
      The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

FFS what has this to do with an anti EU policy? Ireland and the UK had a system of mutual migration and economic cooperation long before the EU existed.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          FFS what has this to do with an anti EU policy? Ireland and the UK had a system of mutual migration and economic cooperation long before the EU existed.
          How many Irish immigrants have come here in the last 10 years? Have they been taking British workers' jobs?

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
            Bloody EU immigrants coming over here, stealing our anti-EU immigration party propaganda acting jobs.
            So he's an immigrant then, not resident, despite being over here, 'at least 10 years'. Ok, I see.

Liking the standards on this forum. Mould the argument to suit your agenda. I get it.

Comment

So he's an immigrant then, not resident, despite being over here, 'at least 10 years'. Ok, I see.

Liking the standards on this forum. Mould the argument to suit your agenda. I get it.
              Are you a bit slow?

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Are you a bit slow?
                No, but in one thread you seem to be saying someone is british, although they migrated here, and another is not british, who has lived here for years, effectively migrated here.

Seems a bit, well, disingenuous.

What is it with people feeling the need to insult someone with a different opinion on this forum, are you that insecure that you need to insult? It seems plain odd, and if anything weakens your argument somewhat.

Comment

No, but in one thread you seem to be saying someone is british, although they migrated here, and another is not british, who has lived here for years, effectively migrated here.

Seems a bit, well, disingenuous.

What is it with people feeling the need to insult someone with a different opinion on this forum, are you that insecure that you need to insult? It seems plain odd, and if anything weakens your argument somewhat.
                  It is possible to be an immigrant and British. It is possible to be an immigrant and not British. It is also possible to be an immigrant and a resident, without being British.

Your inability to distinguish between these different concepts exemplifies the cretinism that infests CUK. You will fit in well.

And of course I'm insecure! Why else would I hang around on a forum stuffed with people who are guaranteed to make me feel intellectually superior?

The real point is UKIP's hypocrisy.

But I do thank you for your correction on the difference between MEP expenses and allowances. I hadn't picked that up, so take heart, my friend!

George Frederic Watts

Comment

It is possible to be an immigrant and British. It is possible to be an immigrant and not British. It is also possible to be an immigrant and a resident, without being British.

Your inability to distinguish between these different concepts exemplifies the cretinism that infests CUK. You will fit in well.

And of course I'm insecure! Why else would I hang around on a forum stuffed with people who are guaranteed to make me feel intellectually superior?

The real point is UKIP's hypocrisy.

But I do thank you for your correction on the difference between MEP expenses and allowances. I hadn't picked that up, so take heart, my friend!
                    But that's the nub of it, isn't it? What you're saying is that it isn't black and white, that some are, some aren't, some could be, some might want to be and some might not.

Which brings me back to Milliband Snr. He came here out of necessity, to escape oppression in Poland and then Belgium. He was on his way to Paris, but then at the 11th hour decided on coming to the UK. He spoke out for years about GB being racist, against jews and only in 1948, was given residency, only as he needed it before he went to the states for 3 or 4 years (can't remember).

I don't agree with UKIP or the Zimbabwean, but it's your abject refusal to accept his point, in that he is the product of a foreign liaison, not an English one, that he has no English in his blood for wont of a better explanation. In this matter, he is absolutely correct, so your assertion you come on here as an intellectual heavyweight doesn't carry any, well, weight.

Then you continue with the name calling? I'd really start rethinking name calling as a tactic, as it doesn't do anything for you.

You talk of hypocrisy, yet most of your posts are riddled with it.

Comment

Working...
                    X