• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you have a pool/snooker table?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have a pool/snooker table?

I don't mean some crummy toy, but a proper one. Having a pool table when I was older was a dream for me as a student but living in the town centre, I don't know we'd ever have the space unless we were properly wealthy.

A full-size snooker table would be amazing, and seems to me a proper contractor-esque ambition. Does anyone have one?

Poll on it's way... mods could you add a "I'd like to but I can't" option? Thanks
    I have a proper pool table
    0.00%
    I have a full-size snooker table
    0.00%
    I have both!
    0.00%
    I'm planning to do this
    22.22%
    What a stupid idea
    33.33%
    I'd like to but I can't. :-(
    44.44%
    AndyW provides all the holes my balls need
    0.00%
    Last edited by d000hg; 28 April 2014, 07:49.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

I have one next to my swimming pool
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I would have to take out the full size snooker table from the games room to fit one in so can't help I am afraid.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        I would have to take out the full size snooker table from the games room to fit one in so can't help I am afraid.
        For real? I'd love a games room

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Poll on it's way... mods could you add a "I'd like to but I can't" option?
          Done.

I've got the room for a pool table, or even a full size snooker table. Just waiting for a child or two to leave home. (So I can move out of my really huge bedroom into one of the smaller ones and fit the snooker table in).
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Hmm... I struggle to even fit a dining table in. I want to get a boxster (i love the new shape) but it seems a bit of a misfit. Perhaps having a snooker table in my house should be the benchmark after which i can get a nice car.

Comment

What kind of contractors are you lot? A half-decent snooker table is only £10k...

Comment

Had a pool table years ago, but hardly used it.

Rather than a pool table may convert the garage to a media room instead with proper home cinema.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Forget the pool table, I want a pool.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
                    ...I want to get a boxster ...
                    Ah, the vehicle which says of the owner "I can't afford a proper porsche". Why do you want it in the same room as your dining room table?
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X