• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What would you spend your lottery win on?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you spend your lottery win on?

How about buying Scotland?

Lottery winners Colin and Chris Weir are bankrolling Scottish independence Yes Campaign | Mail Online

A couple who won £161m on the lottery has donated £3m to the Scottish Independence campaign, effectively bankrolling their push to be separated from the UK.
    Colin and Chris Weir from Ayrshire, Scotland, have become Britain's biggest political donors in the past 15 months, after handing over huge sums to Alex Salmond and the Yes vote.

The surge in funds has prompted the Yes vote to carry out one of the country's biggest advertising campaigns.
    The opposing Better Together campaign, led by former Chancellor Alastair Darling, has struggled to come up with similar funds to their rivals.

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    How about buying Scotland?

Lottery winners Colin and Chris Weir are bankrolling Scottish independence Yes Campaign | Mail Online

A couple who won £161m on the lottery has donated £3m to the Scottish Independence campaign, effectively bankrolling their push to be separated from the UK.
    Colin and Chris Weir from Ayrshire, Scotland, have become Britain's biggest political donors in the past 15 months, after handing over huge sums to Alex Salmond and the Yes vote.

The surge in funds has prompted the Yes vote to carry out one of the country's biggest advertising campaigns.
    The opposing Better Together campaign, led by former Chancellor Alastair Darling, has struggled to come up with similar funds to their rivals.
    Money well spent.
    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Hmm. 161 million is a lot of money for toys. Even with a massive house and plenty invested i'd struggle to spend it all. I'd probably try and do something worthy, and make a donation to the hospital for some repairs. The rest could be invested and i'd fund basic science and good works with the income.
      Last edited by doodab; 26 April 2014, 18:19.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        Hmm. 161 million is a lot of money for toys. Even with a massive house and plenty invested i'd struggle to spend it all. I'd probably try and do something worthy, and make a donation to the hospital for some repairs. The rest could be invested and i'd fund basic science and good works with the income.
        Could you buy CUK as well?
        The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
          Could you buy CUK as well?
          Only to close it down....
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Only to close it down....
            After making Admin dress like a little girl and beg for dog treats.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
              After making Admin dress like a little girl and beg for dog treats.
              Although TBH, you'd probably only need a dog treat to achieve that.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

My own private island
                Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

I'd use it to build kick ass playgrounds for the little ones in every town.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I'd probably invest the lion's share of it, to generate further income.

With regard to the remainder, depending on how large the amount was, and as clichéd as it may be, I'd like to buy a castle in France.

Comment

Working...
                    X