• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ginger Beer!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ginger Beer!

Not those with the limp hand shake.

I got talking about homebrew ginger beer last night. This is what happens when you have too much Stella on a bank holiday Sunday night.

When I first went out to the Caribbean I started up my own ginger beer plant. I used to make lashings of the stuff. On its own or mixed with rum; it was a lovely drink. However, the ex put a stop to it.

I am going to start one up here. Does anyone still do this; or is it a lost art?
    Blair, you cannot reach me now,
    No matter how you try,
    Goodbye cruel Labour,
    Your end is nigh.

International Talk Like a Pirate Day

Originally posted by CaribbeanPirate
    Not those with the limp hand shake.

I got talking about homebrew ginger beer last night. This is what happens when you have too much Stella on a bank holiday Sunday night.

When I first went out to the Caribbean I started up my own ginger beer plant. I used to make lashings of the stuff. On its own or mixed with rum; it was a lovely drink. However, the ex put a stop to it.

I am going to start one up here. Does anyone still do this; or is it a lost art?
    Cor Blimey Pete !

Ginger Beer just happens to be one of my fav drinks ... refreshing stuff !

Comment

Especially 50/50 with vodka and a big shot of lime juice ...
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

My brother used to make ginger beer. Used to wander about at all times with a bottle in his pocket sipping it through a long piece of plastic tube he nicked off the old man's tropical fish tank.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio
          Especially 50/50 with vodka and a big shot of lime juice ...
          Moscow Mules. Mmmmmmmm. Them nice too.

Travel Tip: When coming back from the Caribbean, do not discuss the Jamaican Mules (Ginger beer and rum). Mr. Customs Officer will introduce you to the delights of anal fisting.
          No matter how you try,
          Goodbye cruel Labour,
          Your end is nigh.

Comment

When I went through my home-made wine phase I did contemplate Ginger Beer but heard enough 'expoding bottles under the sink/stairs/wardrobe etc' horror stories to put me off...
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak
              'expoding bottles under the sink/stairs/wardrobe etc' horror stories
              I think that is why my ex stopped me from making it!
              No matter how you try,
              Goodbye cruel Labour,
              Your end is nigh.

Comment

I used to be very fond of Ginger Beer, when I was a kid living in a desert country Canada Dry was a very popular drink

Comment

Blimey - Sandy's back. Where the 'ell 've you been then?
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I like ginger beer and good carabiean (ATW at work) have good cd at budget cost.

How much for a pirate win2003 server cd and office 2003 cd, with a bowl of ripe coconuts?

Best price nah mann

Comment

Working...
                    X