• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mice

Been hearing little feet scurrying about in the loft for a few weeks so invested in a couple of mouse traps. Set them up in the loft last night with a generous dollop of peanut butter on each, but not expecting much to happen.

Checked first thing this morning, lo and behold: a beautiful little field mouse with his head smashed in . That'll learn him!

Most satisfying thing I done in ages, can’t wait to get home to see if I’ve caught another.

You bastard! Honestly, peanut butter...
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I use a humane mouse trap and feed the little fekkers up before releasing them - Peanut Butter works a treat!

Live Catch Mouse Trip Trap. Pest-Expert.com
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
        I use a humane mouse trap and feed the little fekkers up before releasing them - Peanut Butter works a treat!

Live Catch Mouse Trip Trap. Pest-Expert.com
        My mouse trap is more humane; their final meal is a good quality paté.

Comment

You need to kill em or they breed, and they breed pretty fast. One or two becomes twenty in a matter of weeks.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            You need to kill em or they breed, and they breed pretty fast. One or two becomes twenty in a matter of weeks.
            I think they'd have to start with two.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              I think they'd have to start with two.
              I'm not sure with those little buggers....

We had them when we first moved in here. We got eighteen in the first two weeks, some nights we'd see the traps in the garden go, reset them, and see them go again. We'd get three or four in a night.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                I'm not sure with those little buggers....
                That won't work either.
                I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
                  That won't work either.

I bet they try though.

Comment

Looks like I need to brush up on my rodent biology

Comment

Working...
                    X