• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This Link Probably Won't Keep Until Monday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Link Probably Won't Keep Until Monday

Has the whale exploded yet?

Let it ferment for a while.

It'll pong a bit.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Thats not a whale. Its MF when he was slimmer.

Comment

Can I tag on

The world's greatest juggler is now a builder «

and this tulipity one (I should point out the US gizmodo site has a lot of tulip stories).

Science

was going to post my own midweek link thread so this is an experiment...
        Last edited by eek; 30 April 2014, 08:29.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Science

was going to post my own midweek link thread so this is an experiment...
          If you ask people from Burkina Faso, India and the UK what disgusts them, chances are high that their lists will all include poo. "Probably of all of the elicitors of disgust that we've collected from studies around the world, that's the most universal," says Valerie Curtis, a self-described "disgustologist" and Director of the Hygiene Centre at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.
          Not German swingers though.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            Bugger.

It's deflating.
            Plan B; bottle the smell to make the world's greatest stink bombs.

Now then, where can I borrow a full biohazard suit?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Plan B; bottle the smell to make the world's greatest stink bombs.

Now then, where can I borrow a full biohazard suit?
              You're too late Mich, the parfumiers are way ahead of you. Who could resist a lady smelling of "marine, fecal odor"?

Ambergris is a solid, waxy, flammable substance of a dull grey or blackish color produced in the digestive system of sperm whales.

Freshly produced ambergris has a marine, fecal odor. However, as it ages, it acquires a sweet, earthy scent commonly likened to the fragrance of rubbing alcohol without the vaporous chemical astringency. Although ambergris had been highly valued by perfumers as a fixative (allowing the scent to last much longer), it has largely been replaced by synthetics.
              England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Bugger.

It's deflating.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
                  You're too late Mich, the parfumiers are way ahead of you. Who could resist a lady smelling of "marine, fecal odor"?
                  Has every idea been taken already?

But it doesn't surprise me that parfumiers might use something like that. Perhaps next time I'm suffocating in an airport departure lounge thanks to the repugnant stench of the duty free shops I'll tell the young saleswomen 'get that whale vomit away from me'.

Comment

Thoughts on the Internet's longstanding interest in exploding whales: The History of Exploding Whales Is the History of the Internet Itself

Comment

Working...
                    X