• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Property agency admin fees

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Property agency admin fees

Hello

I am trying to rent a property for 1 year and found a one I like. However the property agent seem to charge an Admin fee of around 500, which basically is too much for me. I would like to know about agencies that charge less, yet sponser good properties, so that I can avoid these unnecessary costs.

Thanks

£500 ... not even a days rate

Why are you renting ?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by suspension View Post
      Hello

I am trying to rent a property for 1 year and found a one I like. However the property agent seem to charge an Admin fee of around 500, which basically is too much for me. I would like to know about agencies that charge less, yet sponser good properties, so that I can avoid these unnecessary costs.

Thanks
      £240 finders fee for the agency I use. They sting the tenant for around £400 though.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

found a one I like.
        these unnecessary costs
        Either find another one or realise the costs are necessary.

Comment

Those fees are nothing and can only go upwards as demand increases.

Here in Germany it's the norm to pay 2.28 x monthly rent for an agency fee. So €1000 pcm means you hand over €2280 to the agency for picking up the phone now and again.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Can we please ban all renters from CUK?

My house goes up in value by £500 every 17 minutes.

HTH BIDI

Comment

I'd never have thought of this forum as a sounding board for Labour policy initiatives but....

Labour to cap landlords' rent

Letting agents would also be banned from charging fees of up to £500 to tenants

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                I'd never have thought of this forum as a sounding board for Labour policy initiatives but....

Labour to cap landlords' rent
                He really is a clueless ****.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I just paid £330 agent admin fees to rent a 4 bed house

<sarcasm>It was the best £330 I ever spent.</sarcasm>
                  Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    He really is a clueless ****.
                    Nope, he's actually paying attention to what many renters are complaining about..

Explained properly this is a vote winning Labour policy which the Conservatives can't compete against (unlike the zero hours contract policy last week which the government are implementing the bulk of over the next year),
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X