• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to get a Council house

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get a Council house

How to Get a Council House - Episode Guide - Channel 4

anyone watch this?

The adjectives want & deserve were the most common.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    How to Get a Council House - Episode Guide - Channel 4

anyone watch this?

Yes I watch it when I want to sneer at people. Woman with kids who had left 3 bed council home would only move out if they got her a nice two bedroom house with a garden. They offered her £1000 cash to leave. She turned it down.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Those are verbs.

Fail.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Yes I watch it when I want to sneer at people. Woman with kids who had left 3 bed council home would only move out if they got her a nice two bedroom house with a garden. They offered her £1000 cash to leave. She turned it down.
        Would you make your family homeless for a grand?

Didn't think so.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Right to Buy is a bigger scam. So someone very poor who cannot afford to home themselves are given a house with no clauses, at some point is able to afford a house but continues to live in that council house and then one day buys it at a massive discount. Its nothing but a vote winning gimmick.
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post

Didn't think so.
            She lived on her own in a 3 bed council house. The kids had flown the nest.

And Yes I would. A £1000 in my hands is worth a £1M
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post

Didn't think so.
              she didn't have kids living there, she was a 'house blocker' that should have been moved to a bedsit. Just like the Mother of a friend who had a nice 3 bedroom council house all to herself and was paying less a month than most were paying a week she lied repeatedly to keep it.

I'm all for supporting the needy but 'It's my home', 'I deserve a XXXX' & 'I have a right' are not something we should hear in Council housing.

I would love to see the right to buy discount reduced and it only offered where it is strategic to offload the property e.g. where it needs significant work, the private / council mix of the housing needs more private to develop the area.

I would make council rent 120% of private rents and discount according to need, as need reduces the rent rises to the point where people want to leave council housing.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I watched a small part of it after the football had finished. Obviously that 15 minutes watching 3 chosen cases makes me an expert on the housing system in a city I don't live in so I say throw them all out and sell the homes to rich foreigners. Sorted.

Comment

Bedroom tax them out of their homes. Sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    She lived on her own in a 3 bed council house. The kids had flown the nest.

And Yes I would. A £1000 in my hands is worth a £1M
                    Fair enough. That wasn't clear in the OP and I didn't watch the show.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X