• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A new personal best

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new personal best

We all know contractors bill their way through colds and flu that have the permies whimpering at home, and no doubt most of us have billed through far worse, but today I'm billing through a blood transfusion. For me at least this is a first.

Laptop connected to the hospital wifi and vpn into client co. Debugging someone elses code that doesn't work quite as per the instructions. I'm quite proud of myself.

I think todays billing is getting spunked on a treat.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    We all know contractors bill their way through colds and flu that have the permies whimpering at home, and no doubt most of us have billed through far worse, but today I'm billing through a blood transfusion. For me at least this is a first.

Laptop connected to the hospital wifi and vpn into client co. Debugging someone elses code that doesn't work quite as per the instructions. I'm quite proud of myself.

merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Excellent. But being able to work remotely isnt as impressive as if you had to attend site.

Anyone can claim sickie and WFH and just pretend :-)

Would be more impressive if you had the blood transfusion in the office.

My personal best is having 25 dumps in one day at one client site. My guts were well bad and my ring piece must have been glowing like a jet engine.

Also, almost shat myself on the train on the way in cos someone was in the bog. (Now that would be impressive - continue on to client site and turn up having shat yourself!).

Reckon that day though must have spent at least half the billed time on the tulipter.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        Excellent. But being able to work remotely isnt as impressive as if you had to attend site.

Anyone can claim sickie and WFH and just pretend :-)

Would be more impressive if you had the blood transfusion in the office.

My personal best is having 25 dumps in one day at one client site. My guts were well bad and my ring piece must have been glowing like a jet engine.

Also, almost shat myself on the train on the way in cos someone was in the bog. (Now that would be impressive - continue on to client site and turn up having shat yourself!).

Reckon that day though must have spent at least half the billed time on the tulipter.

I could have lived my whole life without hearing that story but once I started reading I just couldn't stop

Comment

Good contracting.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Nice one, think I can beat it tho. Oddly gashed my thigh open one morning, surely needed stitches or glue, wrapped a bandage round and went to work.
            Blood kept seeping through bandage during the day but I just kept replacing and hoping for the best.
            One of the stupidest things I have done and I would NOT consider repeating....

Comment

Top contracting!

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
                Nice one, think I can beat it tho. Oddly gashed my thigh open one morning, surely needed stitches or glue, wrapped a bandage round and went to work.
                Blood kept seeping through bandage during the day but I just kept replacing and hoping for the best.
                One of the stupidest things I have done and I would NOT consider repeating....
                Quite impressive. It's a lot easier when the bloods going in than coming out.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Sadly it's a half day as my bloody battery went flat and I forgot to bring a charger....

Comment

Sadly it's a half day as my bloody battery went flat and I forgot to bring a charger....
                    Are you sure you're cut out to be a contractor?

Comment

Working...
                    X