• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Simpletons of Newark bereft.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simpletons of Newark bereft.

Simpletons of Newark bereft

THE stupidest people in Newark were bereft today after being denied the chance to vote for Nigel Farage.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Vote UKIN!
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Vote Monster Raving Loony Party!
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Vote UKIP!

You didn't see that one coming!
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

The problem isn't Ukip, it is Europe | Simon Jenkins | Comment is free | The Guardian

I do not always agree with Simon Jenkins but he is spot on with this:

The avalanche of scrutiny, abuse and ridicule that rival parties and the media have dumped on Ukip has not dented its appeal. It has, rather, driven home its message that Britain's political establishment has lost touch with the electorate and is running scared. As Lord Tebbit remarked: "If I suddenly discovered my customers were walking past my shop and going to a competitor, I would not stand in the street cursing them."

As Jon Henley argued in yesterday's Guardian survey, dissident groups are rampant across Europe, frightening conventional parties across the political spectrum. All seek to repatriate the ideals of true self-government, of democratic citizenship, with implications for their identity and borders. They want once more to determine what and whom they regard as their political culture. Call this chauvinist, nationalist, patriotic or racist, but it is the reality of what they want. Henley concludes: "If Brussels does not listen, the rebels believe there will eventually be an explosion violent enough to blow the whole European construct to pieces."

Then into todays Telegraph to show the futility of trying to "influence from within"

Boris warns City under threat after European Court dismisses UK 'Tobin tax' challenge - Telegraph

This is how the UK is "influencing" the EU

The court considers that the arguments put forward by the United Kingdom are directed at elements of a potential FTT and not at the authorisation to establish enhanced cooperation, and consequently those arguments must be rejected and the action must be dismissed,” said a statement.
          “[The British objections] can therefore not be examined before the introduction of the FTT.”

The Institute of Directors expressed concern that the EU court is the latest in a series of defeats for the government in legal attempts to hold back a tide of eurozone driven European financial regulation that is regarded as damaging to the British economy.
          “Two of the last four legal challenges brought by the UK against EU rules on financial services have now been thrown out,” said Allie Renison, the IOD’s Europe and trade policy spokesman.

I am sure even you self interested contractors who can ply your trade freely across the EU can see the point.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

UKIP will still be putting up a candidate there, it's just that it won't be Mr Farage.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
              UKIP will still be putting up a candidate there, it's just that it won't be Mr Farage.
              Does UKIP have anybody else? The only time you ever hear about a UKIP member other than Farage is when they're being expelled from the party for saying something racist in public.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                Does UKIP have anybody else? The only time you ever hear about a UKIP member other than Farage is when they're being expelled from the party for saying something racist in public.
                What's that nice Mr Kilroy-Silk doing these days?
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  This one is for a UKIP donor, so doesn't really merit its own thread.

Ukip handed fresh embarrassment as backer Demetri Marchessini claims there's no such thing as 'marital rape' - UK Politics - UK - The Independent
                  The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    What's that nice Mr Kilroy-Silk doing these days?
                    Selling sunbeds?

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X