• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Personal alternatives to Google Cache for saving web-pages

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personal alternatives to Google Cache for saving web-pages

I want to bookmark some web-pages but don't trust they will always be around. Are there tools which work like Google's page-caching technology, but let me specify which pages to keep? Maybe even Google provide this?

I know I could save offline or copy-paste but when persuing the web to find lots of useful pages, I really just want to copy-paste the URLs somewhere and be confident I can reach them in the future.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Internet Archive: Wayback Machine
    <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

You could use Instapaper to do this I think. That will save the text and images for link when you save it.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        I want to bookmark some web-pages but don't trust they will always be around. Are there tools which work like Google's page-caching technology, but let me specify which pages to keep? Maybe even Google provide this?

I know I could save offline or copy-paste but when persuing the web to find lots of useful pages, I really just want to copy-paste the URLs somewhere and be confident I can reach them in the future.
        I don't think CUK is going away anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
          "Page cannot be crawled or displayed due to robots.txt."

Comment

I found a neat Chrome "Save to Google Drive" option but it seems pretty tulip. You can choose between PNG, HTML, MHT but if you save as MHT you can't actually view it because Drive can't display MHT, you have to download a local copy. And if you save as HTML you can only view the HTML source not the page, which makes the tool pretty pointless.

Comment

Evernote Web Clipper?

Comment

It seems this is exactly what bo.lt did, but I can't access it and assume it disappeared?

Comment

I think springpad might do it, it has a sort of web clipping feature. One note could be used as well I suppose.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by SorenLorensen View Post
                    I'm pretty sure Evernote can do this (though I haven't used it recently).
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                    X