• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jumeirah Beach hotels (Dubai)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jumeirah Beach hotels (Dubai)

Looking to book a hotel for about 8 or 9 days, I was thinking of going for The Jumeirah beach hotel, was just wondering if anybody had experiences of hotels around there and which ones were best for the money. Ideally looking for some family activities as well as a lovely beach.

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Looking to book a hotel for about 8 or 9 days, I was thinking of going for The Jumeirah beach hotel, was just wondering if anybody had experiences of hotels around there and which ones were best for the money. Ideally looking for some family activities as well as a lovely beach.
    Just book it for 8 or 9 days and change after a day if you get a better offer.
    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

I've been there briefly, it seems OK for Dubai. It is likely VERY hot - when we were there it was too hot to go on the beach.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Beautiful hotel with an amazing wine bar on the 24th floor. Sitting watching the view at night is just heaven.

Are you taking the kids? Bit expensive just for a family break isn't it? There are loads of commercial ones a bit further up the coast the other side of the Palm which will do much better and maybe cater for Brits better. That one is a fab hotel but I certainly wouldn't say it's value for money when you are looking at a family hol.....

I've stayed that the Grand Hyatt but it's no where near the beach.

If you are trying to cater for the kids try the Palms as they have all the water parks. I believe there is a water park next to the Burj Al Arab so close to Jumeirah saying that.

Why Dubai by the way? The heat can ruin a holiday if you get it wrong....

Oh, and you have to watch yourself over there. It's not a place that westerners can just do what they want by any stretch of the imagination....
        Last edited by northernladuk; 1 May 2014, 16:05.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Go to Florida, might bump in to PC while you are there....

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            I worked out there in March / April a few years ago and it was hitting 38C at lunchtime. Very oppressive, you really needed the aircon in the malls for lunch. I expect it's even hotter now, temperatures in the 40s aren't uncommon in the summer proper.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              I worked out there in March / April a few years ago and it was hitting 38C at lunchtime. Very oppressive, you really needed the aircon in the malls for lunch. I expect it's even hotter now, temperatures in the 40s aren't uncommon in the summer proper.
              +1 to that. It was approaching high summer out there once and as soon as you go out your eyelids and hands started sweating immediately, it was very strange and uncomfortable. Most of the guides say the that locals go on hols in summer to get away from the heat. Certainly not somewhere to be with young kids at all.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Beautiful hotel with an amazing wine bar on the 24th floor. Sitting watching the view at night is just heaven.

Are you taking the kids? Bit expensive just for a family break isn't it? There are loads of commercial ones a bit further up the coast the other side of the Palm which will do much better and maybe cater for Brits better. That one is a fab hotel but I certainly wouldn't say it's value for money when you are looking at a family hol.....

I've stayed that the Grand Hyatt but it's no where near the beach.

If you are trying to cater for the kids try the Palms as they have all the water parks. I believe there is a water park next to the Burj Al Arab so close to Jumeirah saying that.

Oh, and you have to watch yourself over there. It's not a place that westerners can just do what they want by any stretch of the imagination....
                I am going to Dubai for family reasons - have relatives and friends there + it's a meeting point for other relatives who are coming from elsewhere in the world. So will be going there regardless. Am aware of the heat and just want to make best use of the situation, swimming may only be possible early in the morning and late in the evening.

Also the westerner issue is not really much for us as we have been to plenty of countries in that part of the world and family/friends have been based there for years...

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                  I am going to Dubai for family reasons - have relatives and friends there + it's a meeting point for other relatives who are coming from elsewhere in the world. So will be going there regardless. Am aware of the heat and just want to make best use of the situation, swimming may only be possible early in the morning and late in the evening.

Also the westerner issue is not really much for us as we have been to plenty of countries in that part of the world and family/friends have been based there for years...
                  Well I think it is just down to price and how grand you want to be then I guess. I can't imagine how much it costs in 'the wave' but if it's in your price range then fill your boots. Have a look at the Atlantis on the Palm and Grand Hyatt. Never stayed in it but The Address right next to the fountains was very swanky but again not near a beach.

Apart from that I can't really help. There are so many good hotels there I think you will be spoilt for choice.

Comment

Either you're unable to use Tripadvisor, or this is (yet another) stealth boast
                    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                    X