• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed!

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...539879,00.html

Seaside towns on the west coast of Britain have seen the strongest growth in property prices over the past five years, a new study has revealed.

Nine out of the 10 most expensive towns are located on the west coast - four of them in Cornwall, three in Dorset and two in Devon.

The annual review of seaside towns published by mortgage lenders Halifax puts Sandbanks in Dorset top, with the average house costing £508,337. DP - I'm sure the locals working in burger bars and chip shops will be pleased at the ave house costing over 1/2 million pounds.

In contrast, average property prices in Lymington in Hampshire, the most expensive non-west coast seaside town, stand at £314,378.

Some 61 coastal towns have seen the average house price at least double in the past five years with 32 located on the west coast and 29 in the south and east.

Seaham in County Durham has enjoyed the strongest house price growth, with the average property rising 181% in value to £115,643 over the past five years.

Welsh seaside towns account for nine of the top 20 towns benefiting from a boom in prices, with Pwllheli at the top of the pile seeing prices rocket 176% to £193,379.

House price crash? What house price crash?

The annual review of seaside towns published by mortgage lenders Halifax puts Sandbanks in Dorset top, with the average house costing £508,337.

DP - I'm sure the locals working in burger bars and chip shops will be pleased at the ave house costing over 1/2 million pounds.

They don't have burger bars in Sandbanks. Have you ever been there, DP?
    You see it on your right as you come in to Poole harbour. There is some serious money there.
    We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Four of the top 10 in Cornwall? The poorest county in England, my arse. The moaning feckers should cash in and move to Stoke.

Comment

Thank goodness I bought those two properties on Shore Road next to the Sandbanks Hotel while they were still under £300k each...
        Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Working...
        X