• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

utility bill

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

utility bill

Not sure this is the right forum/category for this.
    I have not received my utility bill for current property, I moved-in 6 months ago. Emailed, called the supplier for about 10 times, but all in vain. Now I am abt to move-out. Should I just forget about this and settle the bill later whenever the supplier wakes up ? I have all the proofs of my communications.

Originally posted by raphal View Post
    Not sure this is the right forum.
    close

Comment

Why do you want to hand over money? Why not give it to your wife to spend on shoes?

Comment

Never willingly hand over information and money without first bending over.
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

I saved 15% of my utility bill. I bleed the radiators. Try it.

HTH

Comment

What does all in vain mean? They must have given you some explanation why? I am thinking maybe the account is in the landlords name and you can't access the account?

I wouldn't leave it as they will hand it over to a debt collector and will come back and bite you at some point. Did you take a meter reading when you moved in and plan on taking one when you leave?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              What does all in vain mean? They must have given you some explanation why? I am thinking maybe the account is in the landlords name and you can't access the account?

I wouldn't leave it as they will hand it over to a debt collector and will come back and bite you at some point. Did you take a meter reading when you moved in and plan on taking one when you leave?
              They have given me the account number, but when I check it online on their site, it looks like a dummy account or just a place holder, there isn't any details abt the property. I can't enter the meter readings. Its just blank.

Whenever I call them I just give my account number and ask them if there is any outstanding payment from my end. They say no, there isn't any. Then I tell them the story. I get a reply that they would look into it and get back to me in 10 working days. Same thing repeats when I call them after 10 days.

My worry is I don't want to spend time later on this or get into any legal hassles for their fault.

Anyways, got some info on citizens advice bureau
              Last edited by raphal; 1 May 2014, 20:08.

Comment

Working...
              X