• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend plans?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend plans?

What are you doing this weekend?

Weather looks good. In London and stuff the regions.

I have my medical today for my tripleIM. Hopefully the prostate check will be done with a finger this time and not by the doctor sticking her entire head up there.

Then I am training training training. Followed by more training. Stop for chocolate. Then more training. Take kids swimming while I train. Refuel while talking to kids. Then more training.

TripleIM 4 weeks today.....

Thanks for asking.

I'll again so probably not much. Might try and visit the brick library in Luton to try and find a suitable facing brick for my Tandoor. Also try and get some more planting done up the allotment, and get some more seedling trays in the incubator.

Taking SY02 out for dinner Saturday night (recommendations for a decent ruby in north London welcome).

Build the solar powered robot the kids got for Christmas.

Maybe play some blackjack with aforementioned kids.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Thanks for asking. I shall be taking advantage of my new found strength after yesterdays transfusion to sort out the garden today and tomorrow, which given my reduced activity levels over the last month or two will be quite a shock to the system. On sunday a mate is taking me to the chelsea norwich game which will be fun.

I'll.also try and fit a bit of maths and physics reading in. I'm trying to follow the seinfeld idea of doing something every day without fail and it's going great guns so far. I need to get the same thing going with my musical toys as well.

Hopefully the weather will stay clear in the evenings and I'll be able to get my new telescope out too.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Devon tonight, see family, back Sunday, chill Monday, probably fitting sat nav cabling to new motorbike, in readiness for our 3 week tour through France, Switzerland and Italy in 3 weeks time.
        Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
          Devon tonight, see family, back Sunday, chill Monday, probably fitting sat nav cabling to new motorbike, in readiness for our 3 week tour through France, Switzerland and Italy in 3 weeks time.
          Tour sounds fun. I love driving in the alps and around the Italian lakes. Italy generally really, it has such good food I just keep stopping. Any particular highlights you're aiming for? I like those tours where you don't have too much of a plan and just explore and see where it takes you myself, though I do like to have a guidebook to make sure I don't miss the must see stuff.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Possibly camping, if it's not too cold. Otherwise flitting between the pub and the gym, maybe stopping to practice some Greek along the way.
            ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              Tour sounds fun. I love driving in the alps and around the Italian lakes. Italy generally really, it has such good food I just keep stopping. Any particular highlights you're aiming for? I like those tours where you don't have too much of a plan and just explore and see where it takes you myself, though I do like to have a guidebook to make sure I don't miss the must see stuff.
              We are going through Basel, so may see NAT if we have time, we were going to Como but think we are heading further west initially to Lake Maggiore, before heading for Venice and the Bologna to tour the Ducati factory. Highlight is probably a long weekend near Mugello to go and see Valentino Rossi do his thing in MotoGP at his home track, then Florence, Piza, Genoa, Monaco, Nice and then up through central France on the way back to Calais.

Quite daunting, its the longest Euro trip we have done and also on our own without euro tour veterans in attendance.
              Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Thanks for asking.

Early finish today then off down to Reading for the beer festival with friends

Grand Designs Live exhibition on Saturday courtesy of freebie tickets from MS.

Bike Ride Sunday

Probably gardening on Monday.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Attempting to dodge a proposed shopping trip with the mother-out-law. Wish me luck
                  Sunday - might burn some meat on the BBQ
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Thanks for asking!

Tonight, not much. Probably watch a film with Mrs MUN. Maybe the Winter Soldier again as she has a serious thing for Captain America. I thought about getting a CA costume but I might actually get ripped limb from limb ... although it would be fun ...

Tomorrow -
                    Friend's stag night. Paintball, bowling, pool, drinking (although no alcohol as I am driving).

Sunday -
                    Church, to babysit.
                    Take the kids somewhere fun for them.
                    Fight practice, I have a new sword and a new buckler to use!!!!! We also won the national melee tournament last Saturday which was fun so it should be a happy, enthusiastic practice.

Monday - a charity raft race. Mrs MUN is on the team and I (although with mini MUN and micro MUN) am on support and will be looking after the children.

You?
                    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
                    X