• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weber's way to Grill

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weber's way to Grill

chose an excellent old favourite yesterday for the bbq

a little gem from the book Weber's way to grill

the sausages baked in a tray of apple juice and onions

home made burgers following Jamie's recipe including grated parmesan,

and created masterfully using the new toy picked up on this years skiing holiday in italy - the hamburger press

yum

what's new around here ?

Milan.

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    the sausages baked in a tray of apple juice and onions
    Sounds good. We sometimes have a french market in town with a stall that cooks a huge tray of potatoes, onions and sausages. Lovely.

I might have some sausages for breakfast, I've got some nice ones in the fridge. Although what I really want are some "wimbledon royals" from my favourite butcher. I may have to pop and get some at the weekend.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Hmmm.. inneresting.

It's funny you should say that, Milano my old mucked, because I did the same thing myself last week.

I actually went one stage further and made my own weiners.
      Michel Roux did them on his food programme a few months back - the recipe is on the BBC website somewhere. It was quite simple really - just had to go to my local butcher to get the sausage cases.

I've also got a rotisserie (53 cm kettle with built in thermometer here). Did a few chickens on it last year but really looking forward to putting it through its paces this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
        Hmmm.. inneresting.

It's funny you should say that, Milano my old mucked, because I did the same thing myself last week.

I actually went one stage further and made my own weiners.
        Michel Roux did them on his food programme a few months back - the recipe is on the BBC website somewhere. It was quite simple really - just had to go to my local butcher to get the sausage cases.

I've also got a rotisserie (53 cm kettle with built in thermometer here). Did a few chickens on it last year but really looking forward to putting it through its paces this year.

yeah I've got the kettle with the rotisserie wurf its weight in gold

how did you stuff the sausage mix into the case ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          Sounds good. We sometimes have a french market in town with a stall that cooks a huge tray of potatoes, onions and sausages. Lovely.

I might have some sausages for breakfast, I've got some nice ones in the fridge. Although what I really want are some "wimbledon royals" from my favourite butcher. I may have to pop and get some at the weekend.

british bangers are the best sausages/wursts in the world

Milan.

Comment

british bangers are the best sausages/wursts in the world
            And these bad boys are among the best of the best. Around 1 1/4" - 1 1/2" diameter, 6-7" long filled with well seasoned organic pork they kick the arse of any supermarket sausage money can buy.

I am quite fond of the nurnbergers from Lidl that the missus buys though.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              And these bad boys are among the best of the best. Around 1 1/4" - 1 1/2" diameter, 6-7" long filled with well seasoned organic pork they kick the arse of any supermarket sausage money can buy.

I am quite fond of the nurnbergers from Lidl that the missus buys though.

good nurnburgers are very very high in meat %

hence why they're so good

Milan.

Comment

good nurnburgers are very very high in meat %

hence why they're so good

Milan.
                When I lived there I found German sausages to be excellent in general. As you say they all have a high meat content, much higher than the average mass produced British banger and often higher than the premium offerings in our supermarkets. It makes a big difference.

I'm off to cook some sausages now.

Comment

yeah I've got the kettle with the rotisserie wurf its weight in gold

how did you stuff the sausage mix into the case ?

Milan.
                  I've got one of those old fashioned mincers (his name's Melvyn)

Comment

oh dear

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                    X