• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

European satellite channels

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

European satellite channels

Afternoon all.

Quick question for anyone in blighty who has or knows anyone who has installed a seperate satellite system to receive eurpean channels from the Astra satellite on 19 degrees east. How much did it cost, what channels do you get and was it worth it?

That is three questions.

OK can you please answer these 3 short questions if you can help.

Thanks

Suity
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    OK can you please answer these 3 short questions if you can help. ...
    I can't help, but I'd like to ask another question if I may.

Are the channels encrypted, are there subtitles, and are the programmes any good?

Darn, that's 6 questions now
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I think it's safe to assume the content is just plain awful. Even today, British TV is amongst the best in the world which just tells you how bad the rest is!

Exceptions would be using it to get free sport presumably.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        I think it's safe to assume the content is just plain awful. Even today, British TV is amongst the best in the world which just tells you how bad the rest is!

I think he's more after this type of thing: https://www.sateuropa.co.uk/information/spiceplatinum/ Forum Gateway - Powered by DnP Firewall Search Results for - KingOfSat
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

I use a spiderbox, the Italian channel Primafilm shows Hollywood releases several weeks after cinema release and there’s a Spanish/Catalan channel that shows a number of US shows the day after they’ve aired in the states.

Almost every channel has the ability to switch to native audio and switch off subtitles where the native language is English. The only downside to watching, more so with films, is there’s no subtitle support for scenes where the language spoken isn’t English – which is more annoying/common than you’d think for US/UK made television shows and films. I have it for football coverage though, and on that basis, it’s a 10/10.

Comment

Actually I was after the German free to air channels. ZDR has films and documentaries etc.

Comment

Actually I was after the German free to air channels. ZDR has films and documentaries etc.
              It picks up everything you can get from Sky of the .de kind.

Comment

Originally posted by GazCol View Post
                It picks up everything you can get from Sky of the .de kind.
                What kind of dish do I need to go with it? How do I set it up?

Comment

What kind of dish do I need to go with it? How do I set it up?
                  Sorry, you've used your three questions already.

Comment

Originally posted by GazCol View Post
                    Sorry, you've used your three questions already.
                    You are right, I have. Sorry.

Comment

Working...
                    X