• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jeremy Clarkson: BBC gave me final warning

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeremy Clarkson: BBC gave me final warning

I read this and for me Jeremy comes out the winner.

The daily Mirror, you suck.

BBC News - Jeremy Clarkson: BBC gave me final warning

Clarkson: BBC gave me final warning

3 May 2014 Last updated at 10:06 GMT

Mr Clarkson responded in a video on Twitter saying he loathed the word

Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson says the BBC has told him he will be sacked if he makes "one more offensive remark, anywhere, at any time".

Writing in the Sun, Clarkson insisted he did not use a racist word while reciting the nursery rhyme Eeny, Meeny, Miny, Moe in an out-take from the show that was published by the Daily Mirror.

Although he mumbles the word, Clarkson begins by saying the letter "n".

The BBC says it "left him in no doubt about how seriously we view this".

'Begging forgiveness'
    Clarkson was initially accused of using the "n-word" on Thursday by the Daily Mirror, which said it had hired "audio forensic experts" to analyse the clip it had obtained.

The presenter initially told his 3.3 million Twitter followers: "I did not use the N-word. Never use it. The Mirror has gone way too far this time."

Later that day after the newspaper posted a clip of the incident - which was filmed several years ago and never broadcast - he released a video statement "begging forgiveness" for the error.

Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond in the Top Gear Burma specialClarkson has also been in trouble for comments he made in a Top Gear special filmed in Myanmar and Thailand
    This time, he admitted he had appeared to "mumble" the offensive word despite attempting not to.

Clarkson wrote in the Sun, where he has a weekly column: "I've been told by the BBC that if I make one more offensive remark, anywhere, at any time, I will be sacked.

"And even the angel Gabriel would struggle to survive with that hanging over his head.

"It's inevitable that one day, someone, somewhere will say that I've offended them, and that will be that."

He also said the BBC had told him "very firmly" to apologise but added: "Apologising for using the n-word would be the same as apologising for starting the war in Syria. It's something I hadn't done."

Clarkson added: "I use the F-word pretty much constantly and the C-word too, especially when I'm talking about James May. But the N-word? No. It's not in my lexicon."

Mexican ambassador
    Although the clip was never broadcast on the BBC Two show, the corporation said it had received more than 300 complaints following recent media coverage. On Saturday, the BBC said it had nothing to add to its earlier statement.

On Thursday it said: "Jeremy Clarkson has set out the background to this regrettable episode. We have made it absolutely clear to him the standards the BBC expects on air and off.

"We have left him in no doubt about how seriously we view this."

Deputy Labour leader Harriet Harman has called for the BBC to sack the presenter.

Writing on Twitter Ms Harman said: "Anybody who uses the N-word in public or private in whatever context has no place in the British Broadcasting Corporation."

The prime minister - a friend of Clarkson's - felt it was "absolutely right that there has been an apology", his spokesman said.

But he refused to comment on whether Clarkson should lose his job, saying: "His view is that in terms of actions and the like, that's for the BBC".

It is not the first time the Top Gear presenter has been accused of racism.

The BBC apologised in 2011, after an episode in which co-presenter Richard Hammond called Mexicans "feckless [and] flatulent" and Clarkson joked they would not receive complaints because the Mexican ambassador would be asleep.

Apologies were also made for an episode broadcast in March, in which Clarkson used the word "slope" as an Asian man crossed a newly built bridge over the River Kwai in Thailand.

The use of the word - which is a derogatory term for people of Asian descent - led to complaints.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I read this and for me Jeremy comes out the winner.

The daily Mirror, you suck.

He is a racist twat who should have been fired, it's a disgrace he hasn't been.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
      He is a racist twat who should have been fired, it's a disgrace he hasn't been.
      And what about this guy? Time for a promotion perhaps?

If it has four legs and is not a chair, has wings and is not an aeroplane, or swims and is not a submarine, the Cantonese will eat it.

If you stay here much longer, you'll all be slitty-eyed.

How can you tell the difference between them? (Said to United States President Barack Obama after being told that Obama had met with The Chinese and Russian ambassadors along with David Cameron , "Prince Philip makes a faux pas" at Youtube (1 April 2009)

It looks as if it was put in by an Indian.
      (Of a fuse box , whilst on a tour of a factory in Edinburgh, Scotland, in 1999,)

To Lockerbie residents after plane bombing, 1993: “People say after a fire it’s water damage that’s the worst. We’re still drying out Windsor Castle.”

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

The people who are "offended" are people who already hate Clarkson and are looking for anything that might cause trouble for him. They don't give a toss about the people group targeted by the alleged racism, only their cause. That's the essence of PC.

The asian component of my family wasn't aware that they should be offended by "slope" until some twunt (who isn't even slitty-eyed, as my Grandmother described my daughter) complained about it.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Clarkson is certainly a twat but I don't think he's a racist twat. You can infer that from the way he fawns over Lewis Hamilton.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Nowt wrong with Clarkson. He is old school. It's the fecking new school that gets on my nipple ends.

Oooh, what shall we get offended about today, while recycling our plastic and glass bottles, preening ourselves before slouching in front of narcissistic arse bollocks on TV, drinking alcoholic Ribena and kidding ourselves we have class, while all the time not giving two fooks about anyone else but ourselves because everyone's basically a terrorist anyway.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I don't even watch BBC and make sure I don't have to pay for their stupid TV licence fee by avoiding live TV altogether. Can't think of a bigger waste of cash than the BBC. Maybe stuffing bottles of money down a ditch and paying people to dig them up.

Comment

When he leaves the BBC, can he become PM please?

Comment

Only t0ssers pretend to be offended by this Clarkson incident.

Only complete and utter twats would actually be offended.

I said the 'N' word yesterday, when a young person asked me what the original rhyme was. Am I a bad man?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    Only t0ssers pretend to be offended by this Clarkson incident.

Only complete and utter twats would actually be offended.

I said the 'N' word yesterday, when a young person asked me what the original rhyme was. Am I a bad man?
                    Yes.
                    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Working...
                    X